Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm coming off an Indian Chief Vintage, so the Bobber is a much smaller bike for me. Well suited for most of my riding, but curious how it might be on a longer ride. I might make one or two rides a year of 500 miles or so.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Like testing the comfort of beds, this subject is so subjective, making it really impossible to answer. I suspect there are those with their weight distribution and frame that could do 500 mi plus without a problem.

For me, it'd be pushing it. 300 miles is probably pushing it, but not badly, and I could do 500 mi but I'd be feeling it the next day.

For long rides, I break out the Harley. You'd be better off with a Thunderbird if you wanted to stick with Triumph. The Thunderbird was too tall for my frame yet it handled superbly on long rides. In fact, I did an Iron Butt with it and the seat was just fine.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I'm coming off an Indian Chief Vintage, so the Bobber is a much smaller bike for me. Well suited for most of my riding, but curious how it might be on a longer ride. I might make one or two rides a year of 500 miles or so.
Like testing the comfort of beds, this subject is so subjective, making it really impossible to answer. I suspect there are those with their weight distribution and frame that could do 500 mi plus without a problem.

For me, it'd be pushing it. 300 miles is probably pushing it, but not badly, and I could do 500 mi but I'd be feeling it the next day.

For long rides, I break out the Harley. You'd be better off with a Thunderbird if you wanted to stick with Triumph. The Thunderbird was too tall for my frame yet it handled superbly on long rides. In fact, I did an Iron Butt with it and the seat was just fine.
Not to mention range. I love my Bobber but would not take it on a long range ride.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I frequently do 200 mile plus rides in a day on my Bobber. For me, the stock seat/bars/foot peg combo is very comfy. Never get a numb backside or sore wrists, etc. Probably the most comfy bike I’ve owned. There again, I’ve come to it from a sports bike background...

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
What a change that would be. Bobber is a fantastic motorcycle, easy to ride and push around (probably 150-200 lbs. less than your Indian) but, if you’re used to that touring ride and like long trips, it may not be the bike for you. Depending on your size, you might explore a different seat (Corbin) which is more suited to longer rides. Then there’s the issue of luggage. There isn’t any. But there are various options OEM and after market than could fill the void. Same with a small luggage rack and windshield. Of course, by that time you’ve got a cruiser more than a Bobber (which is why I also have an Indian Scout). All that said, however, the Bobber is one sweet motorcycle and so very, very nice to look at ?

·
Registered
35 Posts
For me (5' 9" 165lbs) about 100 miles is my limit before I need a stretch. Luckily that's about the same as my fuel range so it works out pretty well. But I've done close to 200mi in a day without issue. I think it's totally doable for a few 500mi rides a year because the rest of the time the bike is just about perfect for all occasions.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I tried the speedmaster....little less sporty and others can expand on this, and I immediately found wind to be a huge factor in not buying the bike....I own a Daytona675 '15 and that thing cuts through wind....still cant do 500miles tho lol. At about 180miles of pay to be taken home.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts