Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all, been lurking for the last month since I picked up a bobber black when it was love at first sight! Great board and community, excited to begin contributing.

She is stock so far, but talking to my dealer currently about some custom work which includes full custom paint, new lighting and rear fender setup (or maybe removal), and likely a rear suspension swap.

Previous bikes include a duc 899 panigale, fz-09, and a triumph thunderbird sport.

Cheers!

20180528_101504.jpg

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the welcome everyone, I've def been spoiled by riding locations. Miss the bay and PCH, but settled for the mountains. :)

·
Premium Member
1,627 Posts
Welcome to the site! I'm curious about what color you're considering painting your bike, since most Black owners seemed to buy for the color as much as the different front end.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Welcome to the site! I'm curious about what color you're considering painting your bike, since most Black owners seemed to buy for the color as much as the different front end.
Hi ysoslo, I'm doing Porsche's Nardo Grey!

I think the bike is gorgeous from the factory. My TBS had all black motor which I loved, so I want to do something a little diff with the rest of the bike and make it mine.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Ah , a Thunderbird Sport. I bought a new one in 2000 , tangerine and white. No digital pics , just real ones. She was a beautiful bike that was a joy to ride.

·
Premium Member
1,627 Posts
Hi ysoslo, I'm doing Porsche's Nardo Grey!

I think the bike is gorgeous from the factory. My TBS had all black motor which I loved, so I want to do something a little diff with the rest of the bike and make it mine.
That's going to look amazing!! With the matte black on the Black's motor, exhaust etc that color will really complement it. Are you thinking about going with a matte finish on the Nardo Grey to match, or a gloss finish to give it some contrast? Either one would look really cool, but the matte is a little more finicky (as I've learned with my Triumph Matte Khaki Green).

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That's going to look amazing!! With the matte black on the Black's motor, exhaust etc that color will really complement it. Are you thinking about going with a matte finish on the Nardo Grey to match, or a gloss finish to give it some contrast? Either one would look really cool, but the matte is a little more finicky (as I've learned with my Triumph Matte Khaki Green).
Def going gloss. Also doing a hand painted old school triumph cursive logo in black. Can't wait to get it done, except for the fact they'll have my bike for 3-4 weeks in Aug :(

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm in Centennial right now, but I'm in Denver every weekend. Who are you taking your bike to for the paint job?
Nice, not too far from me. I'm getting the work done where I bought the bike, at Erico here in town. Just ordered all the parts, bike goes in end of Aug!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts