Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fraying clutch cable has been on order for a month. If it had broken would mean your bike would be down for a month this is ridiculous totally unacceptable Triumph

·
Registered
41 Posts
I've been waiting for a month as well. Was told by someone at Triumph HQ that I should expect it in the first week of November.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
My dealer, Locomotion Powersports in Mahwah, NJ ordered a new clutch cable for me ten days ago. I got a call this morning that the cable is in.
I inquired about a solution and was told they'll "tweak" the offending part, I'm not very confident the fraying cable won't happen again.:rolleyes:

Chico

·
Registered
360 Posts
As has been mentioned a few times here on other threads; if you are using the standard handlebars, it's trivial and easy to just remove that unnecessary clamp.
With other bars, I can't comment, cause I'm using the standard ones.
I removed mine some time ago, without making it an issue to my dealer. My mechanic said the same, just remove the clamp. Sure my cable is chaffed up a tiny bit, but it's just cosmetic and I can't really see it, so it doesn't bother me.

Also, even if the cable's black plastic coating gets chaffed bad, I really can't see the metal outer spiral jacket getting damaged, so one still should be able to ride until the new cable arrives!

If Triumph are a little behind on this albeit; little issue, then that's how it is. Nothing really to get upset about. :crying::wink2::smile2:

Cheers!
Love & Peace

mike

·
Registered
143 Posts
As has been mentioned a few times here on other threads; if you are using the standard handlebars, it's trivial and easy to just remove that unnecessary clamp.

With other bars, I can't comment, cause I'm using the standard ones.

I removed mine some time ago, without making it an issue to my dealer. My mechanic said the same, just remove the clamp. Sure my cable is chaffed up a tiny bit, but it's just cosmetic and I can't really see it, so it doesn't bother me.

Also, even if the cable's black plastic coating gets chaffed bad, I really can't see the metal outer spiral jacket getting damaged, so one still should be able to ride until the new cable arrives!

If Triumph are a little behind on this albeit; little issue, then that's how it is. Nothing really to get upset about. :crying::wink2::smile2:

Cheers!

Love & Peace

mike

Can you clarify which clamp you are referring to please?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
360 Posts
Can you clarify which clamp you are referring to please?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sure!
It's the clamp, easily visible, on the left fork tube between the fork yokes or triple trees.
Hope this helps.

mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts