Triump Bobber Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
New to the forum and would really appreciate some feedback from other Bobber owners.
I bought a Bobber Black last year, and basically rode it back from the showroom into winter storage - now Im setting it up for the Summer in Germany.
I am used to a noticeable "clunk" down shifting into first with other bikes, but my Bobber clunks into 1st and up into 2nd and 3rd - since the very first ride. Still less than 500km on the clock.
Anyone else had this?

Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
All the above things are good to check but I have found that out of all the motorcycles that I have ridden over the years, my Triumphs have "clunked" the most of all. So much so that I don't pay attention anymore.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I am sure I read somewhere that Triumph describe the clunk into 1st as a "feature". As others have remarked. If its a but noisy into other gears I would check the chain tension. It should also improve a bit with more miles.

·
Registered
661 Posts
plus 1 for chain tension... My bike has done just over a 1000 miles, and I've recently done my first adjustment as opposed to the dealer at first service, made a humungous difference to the clunk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks a lot all of the help. Love it.
Ill do the checks on the chain etc and give it a go.
Let you know, so it might help the next guy.
Cheers

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ref Great Black North`s idea of x-pipe and open exhaust....love to. But....
I have fallen foul of the dreaded TüV in Germany (like the UKs MOT but much tougher) - they have tough rules here chap....my lovely Thruxton with air box removal, K&N filters, Predator pro pipes, drop bars, mapped...plus a bunch of other stuff I picked up from British Customs when I was in CA. All failed. Bloody shame chap. Tears were shed.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I have fallen foul of the dreaded TüV in Germany (like the UKs MOT but much tougher) - they have tough rules here chap....my lovely Thruxton with air box removal, K&N filters, Predator pro pipes, drop bars, mapped...plus a bunch of other stuff I picked up from British Customs when I was in CA. All failed. Bloody shame chap. Tears were shed.
Sounds a like he!! Lite. Glad my grandparents got out of there. Thank you God, for my glorious USA and please let me die before it does.

GPz/Gary

·
Registered
101 Posts

I totally hear you man. I was at the TÜV last month and had to do some serious preparations on my bike first 0:) I´m in the Stuttgart area too.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts