Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, just joined up, got a new Bobber 2 weeks/ 300miles ago. My problem is that country roads round here (N Wales, UK) are extensively crap covered most of the year. This means that the Bobber's radiator clogs up every 100 miles or so, due to the shorty front mudguard. Does anyone know of a "fender extender" type of thing that will fit? I really would like a product that looked nice and fitted, instead of having to bodge something up out of an old truck mudflap! Steve Baughn

·
Premium Member
2,452 Posts
Hi Steve,

Welcome to the forum mate.

I can't help I'm afraid but very familiar with those Welsh road having grown up in Shropshire and spent many a weekend camping/riding in Wales.

I would quite like a larger or more traditional mudguard, more for a vintage look than anything. I don't think one is available but will watch with interest.

Cheerio,

Roy

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that, Roy. The roads round here really are the best in the UK in my opinon, with the added bonus that when you learn to ride on wet slimy sheep poop, everything else is easy! Like you I've been thinking of fitting a longer front guard, possibly a repro classic item intended for a 50's bike if I can find one.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hi everyone, just joined up, got a new Bobber 2 weeks/ 300miles ago. My problem is that country roads round here (N Wales, UK) are extensively crap covered most of the year. This means that the Bobber's radiator clogs up every 100 miles or so, due to the shorty front mudguard. Does anyone know of a "fender extender" type of thing that will fit? I really would like a product that looked nice and fitted, instead of having to bodge something up out of an old truck mudflap! Steve Baughn
Your roads are that bad? I've heard of the legendary northern Welsh roads, but haven't been there.

Picturing a truck mud flap hanging off the front fender paints a funny picture lol.

The bracket and assembly for the front mudguard are easy to dismantle, and Motone (local for you) has long unpainted 130mm wide that work up front for about 70 pounds that requires very little modification, basically a power drill.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for that rathead, I'll check them out. Yes the roads round here are fabulous 4 months of the year. The rest of the time it's like Mordor. Steve

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello Roy, my wife and I shipped an 860 Bonny over to Long Beach to do some touring a few years ago. I well remember the great roads, sunny weather and cold beer all over SoCal, Colorado and Arizona. Also people were much nicer to a couple of scruffy middleaged cycle tramps than is usual in the UK. Happy days!
Steve

1 - 7 of 7 Posts