Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings Lads & Lasses,

Who doesn't like classic rock. I can hardly work on my bike without some AC/DC playing in the background. It just seems to go together.

Although I must say I love it when really talented musicians take a classic rock song and reinvent it, giving it a whole new twist.

One such video I just came across is this superb Funk version of AC/DC's classic 'Shook Me All Night Long'. I love the original and love this unique and wonderful rendition, so wanted to share it.

If you come across a classic rock that has been re thought in great way, then share it on this thread, so we can all enjoy it.

Cheerio,

Roy

·
Registered
45 Posts
I wouldn't call it a reinvention, but I've always liked Zac Brown Band's cover of Marshall Tucker's "Can't You See." I saw them (ZBB) a few years ago at Nats Stadium. Each one of the band members threw down a face melting solo. I'd always thought Can't You See was a little repetitive, but these guys sure changed my mind that night. I've wanted to find a professional recording of their long play cover but I've never seen one. Here's a semi-decent version on YouTube though:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Greetings Lads & Lasses,

Who doesn't like classic rock. I can hardly work on my bike without some AC/DC playing in the background. It just seems to go together.

Although I must say I love it when really talented musicians take a classic rock song and reinvent it, giving it a whole new twist.

One such video I just came across is this superb Funk version of AC/DC's classic 'Shook Me All Night Long'. I love the original and love this unique and wonderful rendition, so wanted to share it.

If you come across a classic rock that has been re thought in great way, then share it on this thread, so we can all enjoy it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hk9jXpszz0I&list=RDhk9jXpszz0I&start_radio=1

Cheerio,

Roy

I play this on Ukulele. Kinda fun

·
Registered
168 Posts
None finer than this reworking of Thin Lizzy in my humble opinion (going to annoy the office with it now).

I did manage to sneak this into the 'waiting for the bride' playlist at my wedding though which pleased me greatly.

·
Registered
318 Posts
The Cramps.

Maybe not classic rock, but definitely primal rock and roll.

Forgot to say, The Cramps have (or rather had) reinvented a vast number of obscure early rockabilly and garage rock songs including Psychotic Reaction (originally by The Count Five), Surfin' Bird (originally by The Trashmen) and She Said (originally by the late, great Hasil Adkins).

·
Registered
43 Posts
Thanks Roy, but it's actually a really easy song chord wise, only four chords in it. Kinda fun to do it folk style - people don't realise what they're hearing at first!!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
I've been listening to Tom Petty a bit lately, a great artist with some classic songs. I play Blues Harp as well, so am partial to music with decent harmonica in it. Led Zep used harp well, although they also ripped off Willy Dixon songs and claimed them as their own. Deep Purple's Lazy is another awesome rock harmonica song. Here's a link to Will Wylde's version of it, check it out.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts