Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My wife just said I'm a little 'too' detail orientated but hey she wasn't complaining when I found her 2000 year old wedding ring..:surprise:

Anyway I'm a tad broke but wanted to do something to my Bobber today, so think I may have the cheapest/easiest mod/fix ever.

Since I had my license plate moved to the side and the rear plate bracket removed, the dealership fitted a reflector in the central/lower hole. Well I soon removed that but it left me with an unsightly hole where the bolt used to be (see pic). This morning I spent some time at the hardware store and in the automotive fixings section found the plastic plug shown.

What a perfect fit :grin2: I just snipped off the end so it didn't protrude too fare and 'bob's your uncle' - looks almost a factory fit. And at just 80 cents for a pair of them, that's 40 cents for the fix.

That's about as easy and cheep a fix/mod I have ever done, so I'm pretty chuffed.

Thought I would share it just in case it helps someone and also if you have any 'cheap/easy' fixes you would like to share?

Cheerio,

Roy

Attachments

·
Registered
96 Posts
Great idea and what about this forum. Roy did you by chance keep any packaging indicating part number or name of the part? I took some pictures of your pictures to
take to the hardware store to help identify it. If not I will track it down. Thanks.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Perfect! Thank you Roy.
I am very familiar with Des Moines area having lived in Federal Way and Gig Harbor at one time. Too bad we are not closer now.
Take care and ride safe.
Rocky

1 - 4 of 4 Posts