Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Be honest, that got your attention..:wink2:

I know a couple of members have asked for pics of Charlotte 'without' the windshield and panniers, so here you go.

I wanted to pull all these off for a good clean (yet to do) and also as I have a big mod coming up next week. After a short ride down the road though, I can tell you that windshield is going back on asap. It's really surprising just how much wind and noise it stops. Okay, so I'm getting a little 'nesh' with age but I'm fine with that.

But for now here are some pics so you can get a better look at some of the summer mods, sprung seat, belt-drive, handlebars, engine casing & blacked out Speedmaster headlight.

Cheerio,

Roy

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,681 Posts
The lack of the hard shell bags makes the larger looking dif. Windshield for me not that noticeable.

Either way, bike looks a treat.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I like how the fog lamps were attached. Did you make those brackets? What brand of led bulb did you use?(picture pls.) thanks..

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I like how the fog lamps were attached. Did you make those brackets? What brand of led bulb did you use?(picture pls.) thanks..
Hi,

The brackets were from an Australian company (can't recall the name now). I do plan to have 'tabs' welded onto the bars for a cleaner look at some point. As for the LED bulbs, check out the attached pic.

Sorry for some reason it's not allowing me to attach the pic. Will try again latter or tomorrow.

Cheerio,

Roy

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
That last pic is one GREAT looking Bobber! Love the way it looks without the huge windshield (I know you love it) and the bags. More black, because moar. :)

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That last pic is one GREAT looking Bobber! Love the way it looks without the huge windshield (I know you love it) and the bags. More black, because moar. :)
Thanks mate,

I just love this bike for so many reasons. I still think the 'platform' is so much more flexible that most consider. Great fun to see the old girl naked, at least for a little while at least.

Cheerio,

Roy

P.s. if a moderator is reading this, for some reason I cannot drag/drop pics in. Hopefully just a temporary glitch.

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
P.s. if a moderator is reading this, for some reason I cannot drag/drop pics in. Hopefully just a temporary glitch.

Try logging out and back in again + restart your computer.
Not sure it’ll fix the issue, but worth a try...

·
Registered
118 Posts
Yes I know you mentioned replacing them before with Leds. Was surprised that you were able to get a 30watt H6W. I’ve been looking at the web and all I can find are just 5 or 6 watts used for dashboards, taillights,license plate,etc.. not for fog lights. The only high wattage I can find are H6 types not H6W. Where did you purchase your leds? Thanks @Roy

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes I know you mentioned replacing them before with Leds. Was surprised that you were able to get a 30watt H6W. I’ve been looking at the web and all I can find are just 5 or 6 watts used for dashboards, taillights,license plate,etc.. not for fog lights. The only high wattage I can find are H6 types not H6W. Where did you purchase your leds? Thanks @Roy
I seem to recall I found them on eBay, worth having a look.

Cheerio,

Roy

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hey Roy I also noticed that there are different base sockets for the H6W bulbs. Like BA9S,BAY9S,BAX9S etc... what is the right pattern for the fog lamps?

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Is it like this?
I think (?) so, although I have to say I'm no bulb expert (especially after a bottle of wine..:wink2:). I also don't want to remove my spare set out of the packaging as saving it for when I need them.

Here are a few more pics should they help.

Cheerio,

Roy

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts