Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone,
I want to change the seat on my Bobber.
Is there a difference in comfort between OEM seat and accessories A9700381?
Thanks for the help.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
If that accessory number is the pictured statement seat, yes, there’s a difference. IMO, (and I had one), the Statement seat is Triumph’s best looking for the Bobber but, it’s pretty hard/firm. I was willing to deal with that since I loved the look but, I didn’t really like the lack of support when hitting bumps or on rougher roads. With a better rear shock set-up (mine is OEM) that might be less of an issue. I eventually changed back to the OEM seat but, had it redone with better foam and a leather cover. Much more comfort for me and I’m light weight. There are some guys who are riding the Statement seat and love it, so it’s a very personal choice.

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
I also believe the statement seat is great looking but not really comfortable.

I had one fitted from new so never got to try the OEM seat. However now I'm on my third seat and it's the most comfortable to date. But not the look most folks are going for..:wink2:

Cheerio,

Roy

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
All of the Triumph seats are okay in look and price. But if you want comfort get a Corbin custom seat with gel insert. Or contact Aro Upholstery in Canada - she does good work. Look her up on IG @aro_upholstery

Comfort and looks is what I'm going for as well. I need me a Corbin seat, I'm just saving up the money bit by bit (single dad life lmao). Cheers!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Corbin is comfortable, but I don't like it ...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Corbin is comfortable, but I don't like it ...
Then let me save you a lot of time. Custom seat with gel insert or buy one of the Triumph seats, peel back the vinyl and add your own gel insert and restaple the vinyl. I've thought about doing this with Triumph's brown quilted seat. Still cheaper than Corbin all in.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I have a seat made by Alex leather craft, I saw a similar seat on the forum yesterday :smile2: despite limited padding I actually think it is far better than standard as I have room to move so it suits me and my riding >:)

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
The Statement seat takes some getting used to and long trips could potentially be quite unpleasant. But saying that, I found the statement seat to be a substantial improvement over the OEM torture seat.

For shorter trips (once you’ve acclimatized to the hard saddle) the statement is great. For longer trips (if it was my only saddle) I’d probably throw a sheepskin cover over it.

Anyway, here is my comparison from a while ago and I’m sure you’ll find a lot more info about the statement seat if you do a forum search.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I like the way the Statement seat looks but it hurt like **** after 100+ miles; sore glutes and inner thighs. Did I mention that it hurt like ****? The stock seat is very comfortable to me and I can sit in it all day without pain. I kept both and switch back and forth between the two depending on how I am going to ride for the day.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I tested the stock one, the quilted one, the stock with foam mods, and now the Corbin one.
At the moment the Corbin seems the one who works better than all...

·
Registered
148 Posts
I think the stock and Corbin seats are great in the comfort area, but I think they look too chunky with regards to the rest of the bike.

I initially didn't like the lower profile seat I got from LaRosa as it felt less comfortable, but after some good feedback about giving it time, I love it now. The idea that I can throw a sheepskin on it for longer rides is enough for me (cheers @eisen77 )

H

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have a seat made by Alex leather craft, I saw a similar seat on the forum yesterday :smile2: despite limited padding I actually think it is far better than standard as I have room to move so it suits me and my riding >:)
Alex does beautiful things.
What size of saddle do you have? Type is "A"? Cushion Thickness?

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
I use the Alaska sheepskin (had a few for years and years now).
They last forever and are amazing. So a worthwhile investment.
My son loves riding with his on when he comes with me on the GSA.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Bought the Bobber in November 17, statement seat only Fitted from the start, find it no issues arsewise but my spine has never spoken to me since....
Heard a lot about Fox spring etc but never upgraded OEM yet.

Im 95kg, any suggestions ? Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
Bought the Bobber in November 17, statement seat only Fitted from the start, find it no issues arsewise but my spine has never spoken to me since....
Heard a lot about Fox spring etc but never upgraded OEM yet.

Im 95kg, any suggestions ? Thanks.
Wilber’s or Ohlins.
The Fox is a good upgrade from OEM (speaking from experience), but not as adjustable or built to your spec like the Wilbers.
Though I have the Ohlins front fork kit, I have not tried the Ohlins rear.

The Wilbers shock is fantastic.

https://www.triumphbobberforum.com/forum/393-suspension-brakes/13887-wilbers-vs-fox.html

·
Registered
59 Posts
I tested the stock one, the quilted one, the stock with foam mods, and now the Corbin one.

At the moment the Corbin seems the one who works better than all...
Excellent input sir, most valued. I was thinking of getting the quilted brown, stripping back the vinyl and adding a couple layers of closed cell foam and shaping a gel insert for it before recovering with the quilted vinyl.

But after hearing this I may just save myself the trouble and go with Corbin. I think the Oxblood leather would look great with my Ironstone grey tank. We'll see!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Alex does beautiful things.
What size of saddle do you have? Type is "A"? Cushion Thickness?
Hi I chose the largest XL size despite not really thinking I have the biggest seating requirement :surprise: but it measured quite close to the stock saddle dimensions so blends with the aesthetic of the bobber design.

I chose the 22mm padding (thickest option), it still has a blade like look on the bike but really is surprisingly comfortable which I attribute to the fact you don’t sink in too much and can move about a bit more :grin2:

I am happy with it for now and as I said it suits my riding, it wouldn’t be a long ride saddle but that isn’t what my bobber is for.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Where’s Alex Leather craft. Seat looks great.
Munich in Germany they took about 2 1/2 weeks to deliver to the UK but each order is handmade so it is fair and they will do all sorts of custom stuff if you want !

You can find them here https://leathercraft24.com/en

BTW my saddle arrived complete with a can of Munich’s finest beer shrink wrapped to perfection alongside the saddle :grin2:

·
Registered
237 Posts
Ah! we think alike comrade. Alex Leather..........though I needed to make mine sprung.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 42 Posts