Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From the day I got this bike, I thought that Triumph did a great job on all areas of this bike but just quit at the driveline. A simple grey chain and a plain finish sunstar sprocket on the rear. It just looked unfinished to me.

m

I decided to replace the chain with a Regina gold Z Ring. The nuts were replaced with Driven Racing nuts, and the stock sprocket was replaced with a stock Cerakoted sprocket to make the color match the bike. It looks much more refined to me now.

·
Registered
62 Posts
The gold chain really works on the bike. I don't mind the driveline as it is now, but changing the chain color really pops the bronze accents already on the bike.

BTW... The whitewalls really look great too!!!

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I totally agree with MX429 and am looking into getting a black sprocket. I'm not enamored of gold chains they tend to loose their color after a while. I'm going with a black chain.

Chico

·
Super Moderator
1,148 Posts
Completely love this. Consider your ideas stolen!

Seriously, really nice idea, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Triumph do something like this later. I too think the driveline looks a little unfinished.

- Pasta

·
Registered
18 Posts
That mod really sets the bike off, what size chain did you use as I cannot find the specification on length etc. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
525 size chain.

I purchased 110 links. Cut to size. Reference the owners manual but I believe stock length is 107.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Sorry to be a pain MX429 is that replacement sprocket a Triumph part I know you say it’s stock but do you mean a genuine Triumph and if so do you a a part number please.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry to be a pain MX429 is that replacement sprocket a Triumph part I know you say it’s stock but do you mean a genuine Triumph and if so do you a a part number please.
No problem! Yes, it is an OEM sprocket. I just ordered the stock replacement and sent it to be coated. I bought a new one because I didn’t want to be without the bike while I waited.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Noticed that Triumph have done a bit of work on the BB buy blacking the sprocket out. Looks better.
Maybe simply going to the dealer and ordering a bobber black sprocket would be an easy option for anyone wanting to add some color.

·
Registered
360 Posts
From the day I got this bike, I thought that Triumph did a great job on all areas of this bike but just quit at the driveline. A simple grey chain and a plain finish sunstar sprocket on the rear. It just looked unfinished to me.
I decided to replace the chain with a Regina gold Z Ring. The nuts were replaced with Driven Racing nuts, and the stock sprocket was replaced with a stock Cerakoted sprocket to make the color match the bike. It looks much more refined to me now.
I thought the same:wink2:
Cheers!
mike

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts