Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DSC_0127.jpg

received_1483178431740728_1.jpg Decided to change me mini apes for standard bars lasted 1 lap around the block!!!!! Then put mini apes back on sooooo much better:)

·
Registered
138 Posts
S##T I best get an bolt some more goodies on mine then !!! ?
I also visited the AV8 cafe this morning nice cafe and a place to chill for a bit ??
But have to give her a clean now as some of the roads were more than just damp ?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The bars are Triumph ones plus the extra long cables etc think its about 200 pounds. I'm about 6ft 2 and they are perfect for me I was thinking about getting the bike bros flat bars that's why I tried the standard bars but I'm just to big for those so keeping the mini apes on ,just gonna order white wall tyres and swing arm bag and the rizmo s rear lights gonna get rid of front indicators then that's it!!!!!!!!!!;)

·
Registered
71 Posts
I like the high bars ... BUT I just did a 700km stint and my arms were aching like **** afterwards!
High bars nice and comfy at city speed limits may be even slightly higher BUT definitely not at highway speeds.

I think the handling is slightly affected by the centre of gravity being a bit further back on the bike.

... I might change mine back to normal stock bars and just get 25mm risers add to them
To each his own I guess

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
With the mini apes Locked in place with the pins I found the bars to close to me so I drilled out the holes by 1 bigger drill size this put the bars in a more upright very slightly forward position found this to be loads more comfortable!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You can just about see from this photo how the apes are slighty pulled back to rider that's how they fit because they have locking pins to hold them in place that's how they are sold to public yet on some triumph websites the apes are in a more straight up position!!!!!!!!!! TriumphBonneville-Bobber_Ape-arrtbnr2-MOTORESS.com_-800x563.jpg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts