Triumph Bobber Forum banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Got the bars in from Bike Brothers. Wanted to bolt them on and see if I liked them before doing a full switch. I think they're gonna be great! I might eventually pick up some of the Motone risers that Bobber-Bomb mentioned above.

I did find a US distributor for the german Montana mirrors if anyone would like to avoid the $40 shipping from the EU:

https://spieglerusa.com/mirror-23494.html

Currently debating:
1) keeping my triumph barrel grips or going with a pair of Biltwell recoils

2) If I go with the biltwell, putting them right over the bars or cutting the ends and using some bar end caps on them. I did pick up these with the bars:
https://www.bb-speedshop.de/en/triumph/bobber-1200/301/barend-cap-aluminum-black-1

Any thoughts/recommendations?

Attachments

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
1) Yes, they are outside
2) Also yes, these are Montanas. The dealer has made a thread to fasten the mirros and the indicators.

You can see it in the picture.
Hey man I ended up finding the Montana mirrors locally. Did Bike Bros include an adapter bolt for you to put yours on? This is all that's in the kit that comes with the mirror. Guessing I need some sort of bolt to go through the hole.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
I finally got installed speedmaster handlebar on my bobber. Very happy with this choice.

Attachments

·
Registered
693 Posts
They put a screw in drill hole to directly bolt the mirrors.
So if I understand (for those of us who didn't get the mirrors from Bike Brothers) we don't use the threaded adaptor, instead buy a bolt/screw that goes down through and into the mirror bracket directly?

Do we need to drill out the thread in the existing fitting please?

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
its Too easy cost $2 , I dont see that well and I wanted it to be closer and vertical .... so you un-bolt the Speedo mount from the forks then I used 2 $1 2 inch brackets to mount it to the top of the riser clamp ... its dark out but Ill post some pics in the morning

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Had a good ride today with my Bros , it was dark by the time I got home Again .... but I think you will get the Idea
It really gets the gauge right up in front of you. I think it looks good with your windscreen, but I think it would look really odd with the windscreen off. Kudos on trying something different and unique!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Im looking to get Bike brothers handlebars, but need to be delivered to Malaysia which Bike brothers never provide. So i would like to get handlebar sama as Bike brothers old school bobber type handlebar. Any suggestions please..?

·
Registered
174 Posts
I've been researching new bars and even found ones I want, but I decided to get the motone risers and what a difference!

The pull back and rise made the posture a little more upright and relaxes the shoulders. No more weight forward on the bars.

They are spendy but super easy to put and no drilling and cutting of the new bars.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
693 Posts
21 - 40 of 45 Posts