Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone here added custom handlebars to their bobber? I'd like something with a little more pull back, and was considering the Bike Bros Bobber Bars, so I wanted to see if anyone has customized their bars or gone with the specific above model. Thanks!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the great suggestions so far. For those who have gotten Bike Bros:

1) do the 2 gnarled sections match up with the stock clamps?

2) is the riding posture brought back any, or just out? Thanks!

·
Registered
526 Posts
Follow up question:
When you see the HD fellas sat quite straight with wide arms, any ideas what bars they would be?
Also really like the wiring being inside the bars, may have to look into that as a next project.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Follow up question:
When you see the HD fellas sat quite straight with wide arms, any ideas what bars they would be?
Also really like the wiring being inside the bars, may have to look into that as a next project.
If you can share a pic, I can probably identify. They're likely some variation of beach bars.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Thanks for all the great suggestions so far. For those who have gotten Bike Bros:

1) do the 2 gnarled sections match up with the stock clamps?

2) is the riding posture brought back any, or just out? Thanks!
1) yes they match
2) no it's not brought back

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have got installed the https://www.bb-speedshop.de/en/triumph/bobber-1200/294/handlebar-oldstyle-bobber-1-chrome-cables-inside?c=140 on my Bobber, It is the same model with the wiring inside. I like it a lot. the bars are wider what is fine for me.
Hey man, two more follow up questions:
1) the brake/clutch cables are on the outside still, right?
2) are those the Mirror Montanas that they sell as well? How do they mount to the bars? I don't remember seeing a threaded hole on the controls. Thanks!

·
Registered
701 Posts
Has anyone here added custom handlebars to their bobber? I'd like something with a little more pull back, and was considering the Bike Bros Bobber Bars, so I wanted to see if anyone has customized their bars or gone with the specific above model. Thanks!
Another option if you just want a little more pull back is Motone’s up and over risers :nerd:
https://www.motone.co.uk/motorcycle-parts-c26/triumph-bonneville-c25/up-and-over-riser-kit-for-one-inch-bars-black-p2063

·
Registered
76 Posts
2) are those the Mirror Montanas that they sell as well? How do they mount to the bars? I don't remember seeing a threaded hole on the controls. Thanks!
The brake and clutch cables are on the outside. You will need the cable extender kit as the originals are a few inch too short.
I got the Montana mirrors at the same time as the bars and they come with extended bolts that replace the original bolts holding the levers in place

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Another option if you just want a little more pull back is Motone’s up and over risers :nerd:
https://www.motone.co.uk/motorcycle-parts-c26/triumph-bonneville-c25/up-and-over-riser-kit-for-one-inch-bars-black-p2063
Those look great! I might pick up a pair, thanks!

The brake and clutch cables are on the outside. You will need the cable extender kit as the originals are a few inch too short.
I got the Montana mirrors at the same time as the bars and they come with extended bolts that replace the original bolts holding the levers in place
Great, thanks! I'm running the OEM high bars right now, which has the Triumph extended cables. I asked Bike Brothers how their kit compared and he replied, "if you've got the high handlebars you already have the extended cables" so I think i'm good to go!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Also if anyone's put the Bike Brothers bars onto a morello red, I'd love some pictures. Debating between the chrome and the black.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Personally, I plan to change to the original handled bar from the speed master. I try to figure out what would be the final result... I guess it will be fine.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Personally, I plan to change to the original handled bar from the speed master. I try to figure out what would be the final result... I guess it will be fine.
I thought about this, and the dealer told me it can be done, but after sitting on a lot of them I think the bars curve inward a bit too much for my taste.

·
Super Moderator
778 Posts
The Speeedy bars don't feel like they curve inwards very much when you sit on it. Doesn't feel totally different from the wide old bars on the Stelvio...

·
Registered
75 Posts

1) Yes, they are outside
2) Also yes, these are Montanas. The dealer has made a thread to fasten the mirros and the indicators.

You can see it in the picture.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 41 Posts