Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After I finished up with my 3D printed tail Tidy I was looking for a short fender without having chop up stock on and not paying an arm & leg for stamped metal.

I worked in the aerospace industry in my previous life time and use to do come made parts all the time. So I figured I am going to spend $600+ on a steel fender why not make a light weight customized one. I have been developing one for the last couple weeks and just trying to get the molds and finish down. I finally got to something I was generally happy with, but still have a little ways to go.

Wanted to share my progress so far and with plenty more updates to come and possibly even making a bunch of them for you all (with a matching front fender of course).

Let me know what you think, keep in mind this is a final product just yet.

·
Registered
90 Posts
My level of jealousy for modifications people have done has reached a new high. How much weight did you cut off? This is just awesome.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is fantastic! I’d love to try one out.
Yup working on trying to get some decent tooling done so that lay a whole bunch of them up.

My level of jealousy for modifications people have done has reached a new high. How much weight did you cut off? This is just awesome.
Its probably not all that much, but the fender is basically ounces compared to the stock assembly. I will try to toss it all a weight machine when I am done.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Thats amazing. great job.

I'd "fillet" (using 3d modeling language haha) the rear parts of the fender so they are more round.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
mind if I ask what 3D software and printer you used?
Sorry haven't modeled it yet, working on it. I have a few different CAD options available at work. As for the printer just using a cheap Creality 4S Pro

Thats amazing. great job.

I'd "fillet" (using 3d modeling language haha) the rear parts of the fender so they are more round.
You are referring to the back end cuts, yup when I am done those will be rounded off.

Looks great but I think it should be shaped?, or maybe not finished yet?
what do you mean by shaped? maybe referring to the 90 degree cuts?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Put me down! Love it!

The Holy Grail of fender mods for me would be a short fender such as this, but with a way to mount the license plate and light (I have the one from New Rage Cycles).
I really don't like the side plate thing. A short fender with a license mount would have me reaching for my wallet.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Like to see it a smidge longer... As is, it doesn't look like it'd be effective in keeping the rain off the rider's back.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Like to see it a smidge longer... As is, it doesn't look like it'd be effective in keeping the rain off the rider's back.
Yup still tweaking here & there. I am having the fender 3D Scanned today and will start making molds soon. I will probably have 2 versions Short and Super short or make it untrimmed and you would trim it to your liking. Looking forward to updates soon.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts