Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been exploring retro rack options for the rear fender of my Bobber. Before I make a move I want to confirm if, and how much, weight the read fender will safely bear.

I'd appreciate any details on this and your rack picks if you have any!

Thanks!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey Kaj - where did you find the cool fender rack? This is the first time seeing it - think it looks awesome. Is it easy to attached?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The rack itself has a max load of 5kg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you for the reply and pic. The rack looks fantastic. How is it working out? Before you installed were you able to verify how much weight, if any, the fender will bear safely?

·
Registered
363 Posts
The Rack looks nice and does go well with the bike. I doubt if there's any official specifications out there that would state allowable weight. I'm thinking of strapping a tail bag on the fender for small weekend trips, but it would just hold a day or two's worth of clothes, so not much weight involved. But it would be interesting if someone would be able to find out.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Rack looks nice and does go well with the bike. I doubt if there's any official specifications out there that would state allowable weight. I'm thinking of strapping a tail bag on the fender for small weekend trips, but it would just hold a day or two's worth of clothes, so not much weight involved. But it would be interesting if someone would be able to find out.
That's what I'm interested in too. Errands and stuff around the city and week/weekend trips. Nothing too heavy. The rack in the pic looks like a terrific anchor for my Kriega bags. I'm thinking between my backpack, a Kriega r20 and perhaps a tank bag I'd be all set. Weight distribution! : )

I just ordered this backpack: 'The Peloton ASPHALT' - Store | Life Behind Bars

It's the Peloton ASPHALT.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Triumph will probably sit on the fence here to cover their ars*

It's a metal mudguard with not a great distance between front mounting & rear stay, reasonably sturdy, I have the ural rack too (Kaj thanks for tip about that a few weeks ago)

and will happily load it up, can not believe the big deal being made about how much weight it may or may not stand.

Just look at it, form an opinion & use it, not that hard, is it ?

Of course you could wait for a structural engineers report in triplicate.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Triumph will probably sit on the fence here to cover their ars*

It's a metal mudguard with not a great distance between front mounting & rear stay, reasonably sturdy, I have the ural rack too (Kaj thanks for tip about that a few weeks ago)

and will happily load it up, can not believe the big deal being made about how much weight it may or may not stand.

Just look at it, form an opinion & use it, not that hard, is it ?

Of course you could wait for a structural engineers report in triplicate.
+1

doubt triumph will come out with any substantial specifications on what is allowable to avoid any liability issues due to possible overloading and damage and/or injury or accidents.

so i also agree to just use good ol' common sense and use your best judgment on this one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts