Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all Bobbers

Just got new camshafts from Tecbikeparts.com

Today we are exited because we received our new camshaft :surprise: and we now install the tuning upgrade to our bikes.

The estimated outcome of this upgrade is around 20-30BHP so it will interesting to see if that's the reality.

Stay tuned and see the result:smile2:

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That it is indeed. It is relevant to mention the we also installed the x-pipe from Tecbikeparts.com and the Booster plug from Boosterplug.com :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So fare we have disassembled the bikes enough to remove the rockercover. Now we need to look the crankshaft with homemade tools. Using a die does the job.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
TriRocket3 has already upgraded his camshafts and I’m looking forward to hearing your results too.
I’m a bit hesitant to do this due to the strict MOT (and emissions tests) we have here in Spain. They have also started incorporating pollution cameras and more random roadside checks for noise AND emissions. Looks like my Zards will be up for sale soon, as it’s becoming impossible to modify our bikes in any way shape or form...

·
Registered
553 Posts
Dropped my blobber off at Bigg CC racing today for Shaun to do his thing on the dyno friday, am expecting 60% over stock.
If I get the results I am expecting I will fit one of my latest cams to both my Thrux R & Speed Twin.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Dropped my blobber off at Bigg CC racing today for Shaun to do his thing on the dyno friday, am expecting 60% over stock.
If I get the results I am expecting I will fit one of my latest cams to both my Thrux R & Speed Twin.
I am very much looking forward your amazing dyno results as always!

BTW - To avoid confusing the uninitiated, you've done a lot more to your Blobber Beast than a cam and an X-Pipe.

-GPz

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
@trirocket3
What will happen to the emissions by changing the cams? Will the exhaust co levels shoot through the roof ?
It’s one thing swapping out the xpipe for the MOT. But changing the cams every time will get annoying very quickly.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey guys! Any news on the camshafts? I'm ready to order for my bobber ...
What about the cylinder head ? Does fit another one better maybe of the Thurston? Or Thurston R?

Στάλθηκε από το SM-N960F μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

·
Registered
90 Posts
Does anyone know the measurements/specs of this cam? I’m going to mil the head while I’m installing this cam and I can’t find the data on this and the shop is asking. It didn’t come with a spec sheet, emailed Tec for info but haven’t heard back yet.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Just bunging that cam in will definately not give near 30hp increase, it is worth doing (if you will use extra power) but those claims are optimistic
They will not give you the specs, have you got the head off ?

·
Registered
553 Posts
@trirocket3
What will happen to the emissions by changing the cams? Will the exhaust co levels shoot through the roof ?
It’s one thing swapping out the xpipe for the MOT. But changing the cams every time will get annoying very quickly.
Mine is tuned for power, I am sure it would not comply with the strict levels you are bound by.
Cyl head flow & skim would show good power increases & not affect the co's too badly.
But that is a lot more work.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Just bunging that cam in will definately not give near 30hp increase, it is worth doing (if you will use extra power) but those claims are optimistic
They will not give you the specs, have you got the head off ?
They are pulling the head off in the next day or two. You are correct, he wouldn’t tell me what the specs were, just said it’s safe to go to11:1 compression.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Yeah the 30HP jump was in reference to the 900 cam they developed , he even uses the 900 to show installation in the video, it had a factory detuned cam to make a bigger power difference between the 900 and 1200. Haven't seen the 1200 cams in stock in about 4-5 months though.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts