Triumph Bobber Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, so I managed to drive away with the steering lock engaged, which surely made me fall over a few seconds later.. Now I'm left with a few scratches, a bended footbrake, and broken handbrake etc. The biggest problem to me though, is that my steering lock snapped, and I have managed to get almost everything out except for one last piece, still stock behind the fork:

This is what I got out:

Cylinder Rectangle Gas Nickel Fluid
Household hardware Cylinder Gas Auto part Tints and shades

The original drawing seems to be this one:

So it seems to me that I need to actually remove the fork to get the last piece out, which would require that I get it to a triumph mechanic as I don't have the tools myself.

So the question is - can anyone in here help diagnosing my problem:

• Do I need to get the fork out to remove the last piece or,
  • Do I need to continue, with (more) patience, trying getting it out with a plier?

Thanks in advance,

Kasper (who needs the bike running by sunday)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi All, unfortunately no one replied my post.. Just to update whoever may stumble on my post with the same problem, the fork has to go up to get the piece out. Just got word from the workshop.

·
Registered
2018 Bobber Black
213 Posts
Hi All, unfortunately, no one replied to my post... Just to update whoever may stumble on my post with the same problem, the fork has to go up to get the piece out. Just got word from the workshop.
[/QUOTE
I don't think that's a common enough problem for the forum members to answer. I myself have only worked on Harley's front ends before I got my BB.
They don't have a steering lock per see, you just put a big ole lock through the two fabricated holes on the lower triple tree.
I'm glad you got it sorted.
Stay safe!

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Hi All, unfortunately no one replied my post.. Just to update whoever may stumble on my post with the same problem, the fork has to go up to get the piece out. Just got word from the workshop.
Glad you got it figured out. I had no idea what to do. In fact I don't think I have ever locked a fork in my 40+ years of riding.

·
Registered
2018 Speedmaster
180 Posts
I have never used a steering lock. My buddy used to use one because he parked his bike outside in an apartment complex. They picked the bike up and put it in the back of a truck to steal it. All caught on ccTV. He never did get the bike back.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts