Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed some K&N pods, and used one of the stock hoses that were a bit longer for the breather filter and tied it up high, but I was wondering if anyone used that tiny L shaped piece off of the stock breather tubing and just put it right close to the engine casing?

Are you getting any oil misting/dripping out of the filter with it only being 3" high?

·
Registered
512 Posts
I just installed some K&N pods, and used one of the stock hoses that were a bit longer for the breather filter and tied it up high, but I was wondering if anyone used that tiny L shaped piece off of the stock breather tubing and just put it right close to the engine casing?

Are you getting any oil misting/dripping out of the filter with it only being 3" high?

I did just that (if I understand rightly). I did at one point get some oil misting on the engine below. Checked with Brian at A&J who said that was totally normal. Did manage to raise the breather filter up just bit more vertical, and it seems to have stopped the misting.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I haven't noticed any issues with oil
same here. i also use that little elbow tube for my k&n breather filter from a&j.

can i ask where you got (or the part#) that small black breather filter that you're using?
been meaning to change my red and chrome one out for something less noticeable.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I also re-used the little elbow tube. But to keep my breather from bouncing around, I cobbled up a bracket from a piece of aluminum stock I had laying around.
No issues with oil either.

Attachments

·
Registered
166 Posts
I haven't noticed any issues with oil
same here. i also use that little elbow tube for my k&n breather filter from a&j.

can i ask where you got (or the part#) that small black breather filter that you're using?
been meaning to change my red and xchrome one out for something less noticeable.
It's a UNI breather filter. Not sure of the part number

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I also re-used the little elbow tube. But to keep my breather from bouncing around, I cobbled up a bracket from a piece of aluminum stock I had laying around.
No issues with oil either.
pics of your battery box please?! :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts