Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Gents,

So I'm just back from a morning ride to my Triumph dealership to get a small oil leak taken care of on my Bobber. While I waited I was offered a choice of demo bikes to take for a ride. Having just spent the best part to two hours on my Bobber I wasn't up for a long ride. However I decided to take their Thruxton out for breakfast.

This is totally the opposite of the type of bike I would ever own but never the less I was very impressed. Well done Triumph, what a bike. If performance is your thing (it's not mine) then this is certainly one to look at.

Cheerio,

Roy

Attachments

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Nicer way to spend the time while Bobber is being serviced than the usual reading magazines and drinking so-so coffee. Maybe with each service, a new mini review?

·
Registered
675 Posts
The Thruxton is the reason I went to my Triumph dealership.

I came out having bought my Bobber :D

I still want to use cheerio.

·
Registered
33 Posts
The Thruxton is a lovely bike, I chose a bobber because it just 'spoke to me'. I have an old fireblade for higher lean antics/touring and I love the contrast between the two bikes. Both fun and soulful in their own way.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Don't do it Roy, you'll fall in love with the Tiger. I have the 800 and for longer rides in comfort and plenty of oomph it can't be beat.

Chico

+1 on what he says. When I bought the Bobber I thought the Tiger will stay put mostly. Oh no I take the Tiger out frequently not only for the long distance runs and it still amazes me how much fun that 5 year old bike still is.

Reactions: Roy

·
Registered
119 Posts
I am going to test ride the Tiger 1200. If that was compared to a similar BMW, how do you think it would do/ride? I’m looking for something I could ride all day from NY to Florida.

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
The Tiger 1200 is a fantastic bike (I owned one in late 2013). The new generation is MUCH better (test ride one a few months ago and it’s head and shoulders above the 2013).
But still not enough to tempt me away from my 2014 1200GSA LC. It’s one of the few bikes I’ve held on too so long and have no intention of changing. Much like the Bobber, I hope :)

I have yet to try a Tiger 800. I tried the Tiger Sport 1050 and didn’t like it at all.

I think you won’t go wrong with a Tiger or GS. Perfect for daily use and long distance (with a few additions...)

·
Registered
233 Posts
I am going to test ride the Tiger 1200. If that was compared to a similar BMW, how do you think it would do/ride? I’m looking for something I could ride all day from NY to Florida.
you would compare the Tiger 1200 to a BMW 1200 GS both massive bikes, Tiger got a little bit more power and it's triple, if you have never been on a flat twin before you'll notice the Beemer tilting to the side slightly when you rev it up still standing, you won't notice it while riding. To me both bikes are simply too big and heavy and I do not need either of it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts