Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a few more farkels ...Brass engine cover bolts , caps for engine bolts , brass gear shift . I used O rings on the gear shift used loctite to keep them In place , just trying to save my boots .

Attachments

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does the brass cover bolts allow the torque spec? Brass stretches (depending on alloy makeup) like aluminum I believe.

I believe the torque setting Is 8nm , the bolts are alan heads I didnt have a alan socket to fit them just an alen key so I couldn't torque them down , But I think I tightened them way past 8nm .

·
Registered
277 Posts
I believe the torque setting Is 8nm , the bolts are alan heads I didnt have a alan socket to fit them just an alen key so I couldn't torque them down , But I think I tightened them way past 8nm .

Fair enough. Way past is not a good judge as way past can warp mating surfaces. I'm not trying to inject a worry; probably not a concern. I would want to check as engine heat rises and falls over time to assure seal as you don't have access to a torque wrench.

I like the look! :smile2:
BTW: The pipes are badass! What/who are they or are they a custom made unit? Really want to know.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Those are Toce slip on pipes made right near me. They don't show an app for Bobbers so please do tell us more??

·
Registered
270 Posts
Your bike looks fantastic. Congratulations and well done. I agree with the other comments, those pipes look amazing.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the kind words guys....Toce don't make specific pipes for Triumph bobbers and I wasn't about to cut up $760 worth of pipes so I bought a couple of off Amazon for way less $ they are made of heavy grade aluminum very light and well made I would not have put them on my bike If they where not and sound amazingly good , So a cut off tool or grinder and a welder are needed . If you can weld Its pretty straight forward , The heat shield Is an aftermarket part more for the look than anything else .

·
Registered
171 Posts
Called Toce, they said this was a "one-off" and as of now not available without bringing the bike in to them.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts