Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I love the look of the brass shift pegs especially if you have other brass items on the bike. My peg felt slippery with some of my boots, not miss shift slippery but certainly not like stock. When I installed my forward controls things only got worse to an un-acceptable point! So I put some O-rings on the machined grooves. I didn't want to cover up the brass but I think the end result looks great and feels like the stocker ! >:)

Attachments

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To anyone thinking of doing this I lost the one on the end almost instantly. I used some adhesive ( superglue ) in the groove on my second attempt and so far all is well. I think the o-rings I used are 17mm ID.

·
Super Moderator
1,681 Posts
Cheers for the post and a solution. Received the Motone brass peg from A&J yesterday. Will install soon and if it’s slippery, there is already a solution!

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers for the post and a solution. Received the Motone brass peg from A&J yesterday. Will install soon and if it’s slippery, there is already a solution!
Whether you find it slippery or not will probably depend on your choice of foot wear as mine is not slippery with all of my boots!

·
Registered
190 Posts
I'm pleased with mine and slippage hasn't been a problem for me - its smooth surface has caused no boot leather abrasion.

·
Super Moderator
1,681 Posts
Finally was able to get the bike out, love the peg. No issues. Oddly, it seems better that the factory one. Perhaps its because it's a flat tube rather than rounded. It feels longer, but actually isn't, so far as I can tell.

Thanks A&J for a good bit of bling...

·
Super Moderator
1,681 Posts
The stock peg is a little bulbulous, rather than a flat cylinder. This one is a straight/flat cylinder. I like the boot feel of it better.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
My brass peg ordered direct from Motone arrived today... very impressed given that I only ordered it yesterday!

I’ll post some pics once fitted so that those also with Bobber Blacks can see how it looks ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts