Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious if anyone has fitted a brass cap on the green version? A la Motone (pic attached). I was planning on getting a Monza style, but saw the flat brass and am thinking it might look good with the green, which has some subtle gold trim lines. Be interested to see a pic of anyone’s tried it. And of course opinions welcome.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
Curious if anyone has fitted a brass cap on the green version? A la Motone (pic attached). I was planning on getting a Monza style, but saw the flat brass and am thinking it might look good with the green, which has some subtle gold trim lines. Be interested to see a pic of anyone’s tried it. And of course opinions welcome.
That would looks awesome! I'm somewhat biased as a Green Bay Packers fan, but the green and brass combo looks great to me.

·
Registered
277 Posts

I did that along with a brass license surround to go with the the other brass trim on the Bobber. Mine is Morello red.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I think the brass looks great with the green but, I love my Monza cap. Flips open so you get the convenience without the OEM key and having to unscrew the cap before filling. Small problem I know but every time I fill up I’m glad I made the change.

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
I think the brass looks great with the green but, I love my Monza cap. Flips open so you get the convenience without the OEM key and having to unscrew the cap before filling. Small problem I know but every time I fill up I’m glad I made the change.
Hi Jerrman,

Show us some pics?

Cheerio,

Roy

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Hi, Roy. Here's the Monza cap. Great old school look to it. Pretty sure this one is Motone. Heavy duty feel to it. Pops open to refuel. No unscrewing. Monza caps don't have locks though if that's a concern.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts