Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I took off front brake, strapped it up, took off wheel, swapped fenders, put the wheel back on, torqued everything, put brake back on. Not sure if this is normal, as I’ve never had the wheel off the ground, but it scratches when spun. Brake works fine. Haven’t taken it off front stand so now sure if this happens when weight of bike is put back on the wheel. Thanks

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
These are my spacer clearances:
4AD86F64-DEE4-41DE-B1E7-78B42E5C2D52.jpeg
86AF6D41-148E-437C-805D-379081F291E8.jpeg

put bike back on the side stand, seems to be fine. Brake doesn’t scratch while moving it normally but still ready for recommendations/opinions. Thx

took it for a 10-15 min slow and steady ride around the neighborhood.everything worked perfectly, less worried now but still and always open to wise words

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
The pads on disk brakes are supposed to keep contact with the disk. That's the reason they are better in the rain than the old systems. The pads act like wipers and keep the disk dry. That's the theory anyway.
Yours sound normal. The sound one has to be concerned with is when you get an uneven sound. That might be caused by a warped disk.

Chico

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
The pads on disk brakes are supposed to keep contact with the disk. That's the reason they are better in the rain than the old systems. The pads act like wipers and keep the disk dry. That's the theory anyway.

Thanks for that explanation chico. I often wondered why a machine 50 years newer than my other triumph is so much noisier around the brakes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts