Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finding some 'comfort' issues with the Bobber brake and clutch levers. Especially the brake lever. Looking for options.

Around town or other traffic I normally ride with my two inner fingers (the two fingers nearest the thumb) resting on the brake lever. I'm finding due to the shape of the brake lever that it soon becomes uncomfortable with my inner finger being pushed over by the curve of the lever. As the brake lever mount and throttle assembly are integral there is no way to adjust the lever position laterally for comfort. The five position settings to move the lever closer/away from the hand grip are not relevant.

Checked with the Triumph dealer and no brake lever options shown in the parts book or customising area as yet. Unless somebody has any news from the factory of lever options coming out or knows of a non-genuine lever option then I guess its around to the machine shop to price up some one-offs. :frown2:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Finding some 'comfort' issues with the Bobber brake and clutch levers. Especially the brake lever. Looking for options.

Around town or other traffic I normally ride with my two inner fingers (the two fingers nearest the thumb) resting on the brake lever. I'm finding due to the shape of the brake lever that it soon becomes uncomfortable with my inner finger being pushed over by the curve of the lever. As the brake lever mount and throttle assembly are integral there is no way to adjust the lever position laterally for comfort. The five position settings to move the lever closer/away from the hand grip are not relevant.

Checked with the Triumph dealer and no brake lever options shown in the parts book or customising area as yet. Unless somebody has any news from the factory of lever options coming out or knows of a non-genuine lever option then I guess its around to the machine shop to price up some one-offs. :frown2:
Thanks for the posting this... I had been poking around the triumph parts pages thinking that maybe an accessory set of "Triumph" levers from another model might work- guess not :(

However the link @Triumph4Life posted seems like a very viable and good looking upgrade - without the dealer pricing.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It occurred to me that my front brake technique might be wrong. So I YouTubed one of the masters who only uses his front brake and never the rear...

Kevin Schwartz mentions that different MotoGP riders use every thing from single finger out to the full four fingers on the front brake lever.

Looking around the Triumph dealer showroom at various bikes showed different brake levers suited to different grip styles. Strange lack of consistency on what is arguably the most important rider to bike interface. Something for Triumph to think about perhaps?

·
Registered
56 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Finally got some new levers for the Bobber. Went through the Triumph dealer for some after market levers. I'd already asked about levers a while ago though it seems at my dealers shop you need to ask the right person who actually knows the options available.

I got the short lever version from Pazzo Racing - Performance Sportbike Custom Levers Only fitted the brake lever so far though it is just right for me and addresses all the issues in my first post.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Finally got some new levers for the Bobber. Went through the Triumph dealer for some after market levers. I'd already asked about levers a while ago though it seems at my dealers shop you need to ask the right person who actually knows the options available.

I got the short lever version from Pazzo Racing - Performance Sportbike Custom Levers Only fitted the brake lever so far though it is just right for me and addresses all the issues in my first post.

Been using shorties for about 8 years now, full length levers are doing my head in :p

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Ordered a set of these, should arrive tomorrow. I seem to have 2 different levers on the bike at the moment.
As for shorties, I had them on the street triple, but feel on the bobber I have to pull all of my 4 fingers because at 2 wouldnt stop the bike. that was the experience I felt the other day, when I had to stop.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I fitted these yesterday; they are the Triumph after market ones designed for the Thruxton; T120; etc.
Fit fine on the bobber.

Can't load pics at the moment, coming later.

Edit: well, tried to upload pics but smug mug want money for this so I'm not using that anymore.
Tried to drag and drop them here, but files are too big; (I'm using a MacBook Pro with Sierra, no idea how to resize them...!)
Don't know how everyone else does it here!
Any ideas?
I'm not gonna use a third party service anymore cause they want money for it.

Appreciate any help.
Cheers!
mike

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
I fitted these yesterday; they are the Triumph after market ones designed for the Thruxton; T120; etc.
Fit fine on the bobber.

Can't load pics at the moment, coming later.

Edit: well, tried to upload pics but smug mug want money for this so I'm not using that anymore.
Tried to drag and drop them here, but files are too big; (I'm using a MacBook Pro with Sierra, no idea how to resize them...!)
Don't know how everyone else does it here!
Any ideas?
I'm not gonna use a third party service anymore cause they want money for it.

Appreciate any help.
Cheers!
mike
I'll send you a PM with my email.
Send them to me and i will host them for you via my Smugmug, if you want.

1 - 20 of 128 Posts