Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having just done my CBT and theory 2 weeks ago and having my Mod 1 & 2 booked for the 18th Feb I’ve bought a bobber!

Really wanted the Kharki green and was looking 2nd hand but not many about so ended up getting a brand new zero miles pre reg 69 plate bike delivered for £8700 from Bill Smiths, Chester.

Gets delivered Wednesday but popped in to see it for the first time having paid for it without even seeing a photo of the thing, it had just been set up and was in the workshop awaiting its test ride before delivery.

Just need to pass my test so I can ride the thing :)

·
Registered
588 Posts
Hey Craig! Welcome!

Congrates! I am excited for you Dude!

I was in the same boat as you (bought and paid for, sight unseen) I understand the excitement!

The first picture was the first time I saw mine, and it was just a pic sent to me the day they uncrated it, the second pic was the first time I saw it in person, literally months after the deal was done! (potato pic I know, I was vibrating in anticipation!). 😅

·
Registered
33 Posts
Having just done my CBT and theory 2 weeks ago and having my Mod 1 & 2 booked for the 18th Feb I’ve bought a bobber!

Really wanted the Kharki green and was looking 2nd hand but not many about so ended up getting a brand new zero miles pre reg 69 plate bike delivered for £8700 from Bill Smiths, Chester.

Gets delivered Wednesday but popped in to see it for the first time having paid for it without even seeing a photo of the thing, it had just been set up and was in the workshop awaiting its test ride before delivery.

View attachment 42001

View attachment 42002
First and foremost, congrats! You look good on her. Had to pay her a little conjugal visit of sorts, we see. JMO, but purely in terms of looks, I think that color combo is my favorite.

Next time, if you just move to the States, you can pass a very simple test after never having ridden, and then go straight to buy a Kawi H2 or 'Busa, and kill yourself a mile from the dealer. 😁

I loathe regulation here and anywhere, but in all seriousness, while I don't like the government imposing it on you, the general ideas behind your motorcycl.., er, I mean motorbike licensing requirements are the smart way to choose to go about it, even if it's almost literally a royal pain.

Give us an update after you've ridden a couple hundred miles or so.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hey Craig! Welcome!

Congrates! I am excited for you Dude!

I was in the same boat as you (bought and paid for, sight unseen) I understand the excitement!

The first picture was the first time I saw mine, and it was just a pic sent to me the day they uncrated it, the second pic was the first time I saw it in person, literally months after the deal was done! (potato pic I know, I was vibrating in anticipation!). 😅
View attachment 42025

View attachment 42026
Your potato pic is a standard effort from me. What's worse, I can keep my hands still easily, and STILL manage to booger up most photography, so I'll be the last person here to ever insult anyone's pic quality.

Does Canada have a graduated licensing structure, like the UK?

·
Registered
588 Posts
Your potato pic is a standard effort from me. What's worse, I can keep my hands still easily, and STILL manage to booger up most photography, so I'll be the last person here to ever insult anyone's pic quality.

Does Canada have a graduated licensing structure, like the UK?
Not for bikes, just your original license.

I had ridden for years sans license before I got mine (can't register anything anymore with out one), and took a riding coarse when I did finally bite the bullet, and I am glad I did, was well worth the cost.

·
Registered
42 Posts

View attachment 42001

View attachment 42002
How did the test go mate?

·
Registered
200 Posts
oh god you bought the chequered shirt...dont forget to turn your jeans up at the bottom too...cracking helmet though

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
oh god you bought the chequered shirt...dont forget to turn your jeans up at the bottom too...cracking helmet though
I did indeed buy a checked shirt but have worn these long before they where ever “cool” but the jeans thing I don’t get!

also fitted a personal plate on the bike which is a big No no apparently and the wrong colour gloves and boots. Bloody didn’t realise there where so many fashion rules, the joy of not knowing any different and so buying and doing what you like lol.
Apparently the helmet should also be open faced :LOL:

·
Registered
42 Posts
I did indeed buy a checked shirt but have worn these long before they where ever “cool” but the jeans thing I don’t get!

also fitted a personal plate on the bike which is a big No no apparently and the wrong colour gloves and boots. Bloody didn’t realise there where so many fashion rules, the joy of not knowing any different and so buying and doing what you like lol.
Apparently the helmet should also be open faced :LOL:
Looking good I like the style mate. For me the big no no is a cut covered in patches telling everyone what a bad ass you are (when you aren't working at the bank/accountants/estate agents) but lots of biker folk wear those. Does your numberplate have a slogan at the bottom. If so I will ridicule you myself 😉. If you remove the visor on the bell bullit it's as open as and open face but with a bit of added chin protection. Oftentimes you'll be glad of that visor though. Once you've had a few bug strikes at 70mph they grow on you. I don't know how old you are but the gloves just mean you probably watched CHiPs when you were a kid.

Oh and well done on the test. The fun starts here 👊

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Haha no slogan on the bottom of the plate, did contemplate “Live, Love, Laugh” but opted against it.

Ye really wanted the chin protection from the helmet and like you say you can remove the visor so might see in summer with shades but the viewing large open face of the Bullitt has been great so far.

I just liked the gloves as chips missed me at 39 although most people who have seen them hate them :sleep:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Haha no slogan on the bottom of the plate, did contemplate “Live, Love, Laugh” but opted against it.

Ye really wanted the chin protection from the helmet and like you say you can remove the visor so might see in summer with shades but the viewing large open face of the Bullitt has been great so far.

I just liked the gloves as chips missed me at 39 although most people who have seen them hate them :sleep:
Sometimes jealousy masquerades as hate, I've got the Evel Knievel style Bullit so I know a bit about it 😉lol. We can't all pull off tight black leather. I for one would look like a tellytubbie at a funeral.

Good job avoiding Live, Love, Laugh. You don't need some comedian yelling that at you when you've just thrown it down the road.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts