Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after having my 2018 bobber black for exactly one year, I got the itch for something a little more accustomed to a longer ride. I have no intention of ever selling my bobber, I love it and it gets a ton of comments wherever I take it. I was a first time ride when I bought it but man, I didn’t realize what I was missing out on. Today I picked up the 2020 BMW R 1250 RS. I rode it home from the the city to Long Island and it is one spectacular bike. A great compliment to my Bobber! What has been people’s experience with this type of BMW? Any?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
Hi Steve,

That's a smart looking bike, well done and more power to you mate.

I know many members here have multiple bikes and many non Triumphs. At this time I simply can't afford more than one but if I had the money I would have a shed full.

Variety is the spice of life as they say, just don't tell the wife I said that...:surprise:

Cheerio and safe riding,

Roy

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Beautiful compliment to the Bobber. I can’t disagree with having a different ride for longer journeys (mine’s an Indian Scout, bought a couple of years before the Bobber and on which I’m on a 6-day ride now). But, I love my Bobber. Enjoy both of yours. ?

·
Registered
356 Posts
My dealership loaned me an older RS while doing some work on my Bobber for a day. It had 165,000 miles on the odometer and was well worn, but a pleasure to ride. I enjoyed the character of the Boxer engine.

The odd thing was the front brake actuators. I never experience that before, and I don't even think my K1600 has actuators. Your bike should last as long as you keep it!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Great choice! Congratulations on another amazing bike. I’m a true believer in having a city bike for everyday use and a touring bike for adventures. For touring I’ve been riding a BMW GSA for 2 years on the longer rides in Canada. I love the bike and will keep it for a few more years before I upgrade to a new one. Have fun!

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts