Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there’s been a few post on here about the booster plug, but I think it has a design flaw. I just got mine in the mail and I know they recommend putting the sensor towards the front of the bike. Ideally by the headlight so it gets the best air flow.

The problem is the sensor isn’t long enough to do this unless you mount the booster plug under the tank. This is where the design flaw comes in. The sensor wire and the plug wires should be coming out of opposite ends of the plug. That way you can run the plug in line and not have to try and cross over itself.

A simple redesign would save so many headaches. Mounting it under the tank to me makes the nose sense. It’s clean and out of the way. Hopefully I’ll get to it in the next couple days and see how it all turns out. Just happy to be rid of those stupid looking side panels.

I added a couple pics just so people can get an idea of its size. It’s much smaller than I was anticipating. Which is good.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,681 Posts
I extended mine...a little to far actually...it goes up and around the yolk and I have it zipped tied to the break cable. It is ran under the tank. Took the tank bolt off, had an extra pair of hands to hold the tank up while I ran it under and zipped tied it to existing cables.

What is that little extra harness item you have there? Did that come with the kit?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I extended mine...a little to far actually...it goes up and around the yolk and I have it zipped tied to the break cable. It is ran under the tank. Took the tank bolt off, had an extra pair of hands to hold the tank up while I ran it under and zipped tied it to existing cables.

What is that little extra harness item you have there? Did that come with the kit?
Are you talking about the little black thing? If so that’s the AIT sensor from the airbox. If you remove the airbox you need that part.

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
I shoved mine at the rear of the bike. At 36° celcius it’s hot no matter where you locate it.
It’s easy to extend, apparently (with a simple cable).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts