Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Linking here to our sister site Triumphrat, where someone posted Dyno data on the Booster Plug, which I know many of us here have. As you can see, the post inspired lots of discussion, which I have only quickly read through. I've thought about taking my booster plug off, and this makes me think about it more, but for now am undecided.

·
Registered
179 Posts
We have a lot of history with Mr. Sobel and I’ll just say that everything isn’t as it seems.
I have nothing but excellent interactions and purchases from A & J with very sound advice. So Brian, is the Booster Plug recommended, does nothing real, or harmful? Thanks

·
Registered
117 Posts
I put a booster plug in when I did the air box delete and put SF filters. That with the Wilbers shock are hands down the BEST ride upgrades I can think of. Low speed throttle control and not bottoming out sorted.
Any upgrade to the shocks front or rear takes the Bobber up to a 10/10.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I wonder what all the old heads did for tuning before all the tech got on the scene? Sound, smell and the whispers of their ancestors.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I wonder what all the old heads did for tuning before all the tech got on the scene? Sound, smell and the whispers of their ancestors.
I still have my several small screw drivers, couple different feeler gauges, plug gaping tools, and a little box with 10 or 12 assorted jet sets in it, that I can't seem to get myself to throw away! ?

·
Vendor
521 Posts
I have nothing but excellent interactions and purchases from A & J with very sound advice. So Brian, is the Booster Plug recommended, does nothing real, or harmful? Thanks
Our personal experience with them is that they smooth out the bike and make for a much more pleasurable riding experience. On the dyno, we have seen that these bikes are very lean in the mid range, but fueling at peak RPM was ok. So on any tunes we have had done the bikes had quit a bit of fuel added from 2000-6000 RPM. Is the booster plug the perfect solution? No, but it fixes 80% of the fueling issues and is plug and play and can be removed in 5 minutes for warranty work, etc.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I did fall foul of one bloke on that site who is an utter throbber. I dont know why people join forums and then get wound up or feel the need to belittle people because they hold a contrary view. I suppose the lack of face to face interaction brings out the worst in some people. I always thought the idea of commenting was to be helpful. As for the Booster Plug. Its not something I would personally bother with. I do find the throttle a bit abrupt in road, but I am quite happy to switch to rain around town. If as Jsobell claims its basically a thermistor in series then its much like the tuning boxes they used to flog for turbo diesels. Personally I don't think that is the way to do things, but it is for sure easier than trying to remap the ecu.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts