Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Searched and could not find the size so I decided to ask here. Does anyone know the bulb size for the smaller bulb below the main headlight bulb? I switched the headlight bulb to an LED, and now the smaller bulb really looks yellow and out of place. I'm hoping to change that to something closer to the white hue of the main bulb.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Searched and could not find the size so I decided to ask here. Does anyone know the bulb size for the smaller bulb below the main headlight bulb? I switched the headlight bulb to an LED, and now the smaller bulb really looks yellow and out of place. I'm hoping to change that to something closer to the white hue of the main bulb.
I was curious myself. Hard to know until we can see some part diagrams. If you pull the bulb and take a picture I might be able to narrow it down.

Can you share your LED swap with us?

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Is it that noticable???
I just got my LED replacement bulb and WAS all excited about seeing the difference.
Now all i´ll see is a tiny yellow bulb :nerd:>:):grin2:

·
Registered
428 Posts
What is the small bulb for? Here in the USA we have to always have the headlight on and its wired that way. Maybe a daytime running light for countries not requiring headlight always on?

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
If you don´t find a replacement for the small bulb, are you going to reinstall the OEM light and take off the LED?
Just wondering if it bothers you THAT much...??

·
Registered
428 Posts
What is the small bulb for? Here in the USA we have to always have the headlight on and its wired that way. Maybe a daytime running light for countries not requiring headlight always on?
Duh....per the owners handbook the small bulb is a parking light when turning the ignition switch to the P position to be used when parking for a short period of time to make the bike visible to traffic, leaving the small bulb and tail light illuminated. I should have known! I'm surprised it stays illuminated when headlight bulb is on though?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Duh....per the owners handbook the small bulb is a parking light when turning the ignition switch to the P position to be used when parking for a short period of time to make the bike visible to traffic, leaving the small bulb and tail light illuminated. I should have known! I'm surprised it stays illuminated when headlight bulb is on though?

Mine stays on.

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
From the limited research I've done, it appears "194" and "T10" are interchangeable. For whatever it's worth, I've the "T10" version.
Fantastic. Just sourced a pair from Russia of all places!!! (none available here in Spain, of course...)

Thanks again for sharing your findings :smile2:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts