Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Joanna attended the launch party for the Bonneville Bobber on January 5th in London. Looks like a darn good time... I wish I was there :( Start the video from 2:17

·
Registered
187 Posts
That's a beautiful bobber and I'm guessing the Tours taking place around North America won't be as festive. Wish there's footage of that Bobber drag race, can't really see much from the small clip.

·
Registered
167 Posts
That's a beautiful bobber and I'm guessing the Tours taking place around North America won't be as festive. Wish there's footage of that Bobber drag race, can't really see much from the small clip.
I can see how it won't be festive when it comes to getting potential owners involved but there's no reason why they can't have Triumph reps be as festive as we're seeing here or even taking it up a notch.

With America being one of the key markets for a product like this they should do something, any way to get riders interested beyond the typical marketing that every other brand does will do them a lot of good.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Did the one on the left fishtail a bit on takeoff? Either way, both took off pretty fast from a standstill.
She mentioned a press pack that Triumph was handing out. Wonder what's in there as she hasn't posted it on her blog yet. I assume it's prices and a list of available accessories.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Definitely got a little bit squirly on the launch. But I have no idea what that surface is made of so that could just be it. I can imagine it's not a properly prepped strip out in a warehouse lol.

·
Registered
79 Posts
That could be due to rider error more than the bike itself as the other one launched just fine. What grinds my gears is the video cutting off right when the Bobber was going down that ramp!

But I'm sure more videos are coming with the ongoing tour.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Here's one from the Triumph Bobber event in Arizona. It's not as exciting as the launch and there's no drag racing. Perhaps this will be the general outline for the other events too.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That looks a lot more in-line with how the launch party would be set regularly lol. But... do wish there was more drag racing to be honest. Nonetheless, it'll be interesting to see how it goes down in different places.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Here's one from the Triumph Bobber event in Arizona. It's not as exciting as the launch and there's no drag racing. Perhaps this will be the general outline for the other events too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYuiS7MBIjA
While there won't be any drag racing what he did mention is the fact there will be test rides happening once they get more Bobbers, and that's just about the best it gets aside from owning one. Getting tired of all the information currently out, it's self life is up and we need something new. Journalists don't have any juice left either.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The stopping looked pretty clean, The right lane looked to have a little shake mid point, but other than that it looked real good.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Maybe the shaking was due to him having his right foot off the peg until he needed to brake. Someone mentioned that it didn't sound like a Bobber. I think it sounds fine. Thoughts?

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I do feel like it needs a bit more grunt, but the video didn't really give me enough sound and quality to fully dissect it. Either way, the sound of it can always be changed so it's not too much of a concern.

·
Registered
79 Posts
There are always aftermarket brake pads and you can get a pretty good set for an affordable price, they won't be Brembo but they'll give you decent bite. Or that fishtailing could be from user error.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts