Triumph Bobber Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Congrats on the new ride and welcome to the boards. One day I hope to get to Europe. I have forum friends from all over. I would love to get the Bobber over there after retirement to cruise around. One of those friends grew up in Bordeaux. Someday.
Enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Bienvenue sur le forum. Il n'y a pas si longtemps, il y avait quelques Français qui fréquentaient le site, mais ils semblent avoir disparu.

Which is too bad because the more voices we have on here the more interesting it becomes to others who care to join.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Good idea; could you explain and post some pictures of what you did?
Thanks 🙏

It looks very nice indeed!
Did you do it yourself?
I found some pics I did take right after I installed them (I forgot I took pics)
The first one is the positioning of the brackets, on the top rail.
Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Bicycle

The second is a closeup of the little bracket I made.
Automotive tire Helmet Material property Automotive wheel system Jewellery

Outerwear Sleeve Jersey Grey T-shirt

The third is of what the inside looks like (now this is b 4 I cut and cleaned the threads so it won't tear your hand open)

I went to the hardware store and found these brackets used for securing wire. I bent them around the top rail until
they looked like a P shape. Then I drilled a small hole just big enough to fit the bolt in the bag where it goes through.
I used a rubber washer to go up against the bag to seal the hole from water (just in case I get caught in the rain)
Then just thread the bolt through a flat washer and the P-shaped bracket, and the rubber washer and thread the wingnut on.
It secures the bag completely from sliding off and gives it more support. Plus you can take it apart and run no bags,
it just takes a couple of minutes and presto, no bags!
Ride safe!

·
Registered
2020 Bobber Black
736 Posts
Greetings from sunny North Texas. I'll have a glass of Patrice Grasset's Bordeaux in your honor this Sunday. Welcome to the forum.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts