Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning all,
I have been visiting your forum for a long time and today I have registered.
I live in the French Alps where I was born, 1.5 hours from Italy and Switzerland.
I've been riding a motorcycle since I was 16 and this year will be half a century! My first bike, bought new was a BSA Lightning A65 and then Guzzi, Yam, Honda, Triumph T100 and so on.
Today I ride in Bobber, a beautiful machine, but which rubs far too much for my taste especially that I only ride in the mountains. I'm going to have to calm down ... at my age.
I have already made a lot of modifications which I will not fail to quote to you in another post.
Hope to converse, despite everything not so easy because I speak very very little English and I use an online translator, something that you have surely already been able to see.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Congratulations and welcome! Your translator is doing great. Looking forward to seeing some pictures of your new ride.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Bienvenue dans le groupe! I look forward to seeing pictures of your Bobber with it's modifications, as well as the beautiful surroundings you ride in.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Welcome from the East Coast of the States!

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Thank you for your welcome.
Here is an overview of my racing car
Looks great.
I see the windscreen (Dart?) , tank pads and a very good looking and comfortable seat. I thought the seat was a Corbin but, I don’t see a logo on it. What brand is it or is it custom?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looks great.
I see the windscreen (Dart?) , tank pads and a very good looking and comfortable seat. I thought the seat was a Corbin but, I don’t see a logo on it. What brand is it or is it custom?
On a standard aluminum base I had the seat redone completely.
1 layer of firm foam,
1 layer of gel (custom-made)
1 layer of soft foam
This was done by a saddler near me.
All inclusive returned for 120 €

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&ei=hCQSXoXzI4iXlwTmq7Mw&q=dart+flyscreen+triumph+bobber&oq=dart+flyscreen&gs_l=psy-ab.1.3.0j0i22i30l9.688743.693474..696966...0.0..1.970.2835.9j5j5-1j1......0....1..gws-wiz.......0i131j0i67j0i10j0i22i10i30.nNSUhk8Wf54

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi morellored, welcome to the forum.
Nice rear lighting. Can you give more information and pictures?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi morellored, welcome to the forum.
Nice rear lighting. Can you give more information and pictures?
In France, legislation does not mess with license plates.
210 x 130 mm and no question of putting them on the side.
To remove this awful bait of parts I used the original main parts which have an anti-vibration structure.
Therefore :
a "retro" aluminum light with plate lighting
a special support (steel 3 mm)
a square (2 mm steel)
It is also possible to position the Triumph turn signals or mini turn signals on either side of the plate with the Motone adapters.

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Welcome. Bike a nice red wine color from France....
I never thought about that, but now that you say it ... A color closer to burgundy than burgundy.
It reminds me that a law will surely pass soon with zero tolerance on driving and steering wheel alcohol.
I, who am from the country of Chartreuse as the zeppling led it sang so well, it's sad!

·
Registered
39 Posts
In France, legislation does not mess with license plates.
210 x 130 mm and no question of putting them on the side.
To remove this awful bait of parts I used the original main parts which have an anti-vibration structure.
Therefore :
a "retro" aluminum light with plate lighting
a special support (steel 3 mm)
a square (2 mm steel)
It is also possible to position the Triumph turn signals or mini turn signals on either side of the plate with the Motone adapters.
Nicely solved. The light has E homologation? The EU is strict ...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts