Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What bobbins did you use for your Bobber and how did you remove the factory installed plugs ?
Bobbins are what you install on your bike to lift the rear of bike if you didn't know. There are factory installed plugs to protect threads.
Also does anyone know this thread size ?

Thanks from USA

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,681 Posts
I PM'd you on this topic.

Bobbins I have were from a Triumph bought part.

Removing the plug, small flat blade screwdriver and ease them out.

·
Registered
459 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
you may like the TEC motorcycle parts axel through bobbins , see there you tube video ,
I can recommend the TEC axil bobbins

I don’t keep them on the bike the whole time but for winter or when I need to get the back wheel off the ground it’s a simple two minute job to fix and they work great for most things although adjusting the chain is a little awkward.

I did originally try Triumph’s bobbins but unfortunately they didn’t work well with my short paddock stand. I found with the mounting point being below the axle it took a fare bit of muscle to get the rear wheel off the ground! I also found the metal hooks on the stand left scratch marks on the black bobbins, which is not a great look. :surprise:

·
Registered
71 Posts
About to install new x-pipe and exhaust but apparently you can’t do it on the side stand.

So borrowed a Paddock stand off a friend and made these temp bobbins using 8mm bolts, some washers and some plastic spacers I had knocking about from a TV wall mounting kick. Tested today and worked a treat.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I’m sure they do but these where free and can come straight back off after the x-pipe is installed 👌🏻

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
I'm another one with the brass Motone Frankenbobbins. Yeah they are pricey but look great and are a considerable chunk of metal to hold up your pride and joy.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I don’t really plan using the lift again so I didn’t see much point buying as they are only as strong as the thinnest point and they all seem based around an 8mm threaded bolt.

If I was lifting the bike more reg I would invest in a nice set however :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts