Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posted by Zard an hour ago or so lol.

Definitely has some serious rumble and depth to it without the DB killer in there.

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
Posted by Zard an hour ago or so lol.

Definitely has some serious rumble and depth to it without the DB killer in there]
Very nice sound - and should sound even meaner with the Xpipe fitted!
I must say that the looks are growing on me. I want to wait to see what Arrow come out with before i commit to buying a pair of Zards.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Pretty useless videos in my opinion, there is no stock comparison muffler or even the starter to get a volume reference, and the microphone is in 2 different places so the comparison of with and without the db killers is useless!

·
Super Moderator
1,681 Posts
I trust your audio judgement (as per our private messages...)
If you say the sound is bad, I will not consider the Zards.
Look forward to your opinion!! :smile2:
Thanks! Listened to it over pc speakers and with headphones.

Sounds a lot better than over the phone for sure.....however, there is an odd down tick to it when decreasing in RPM and it sounds a little raspy at times. Not sure about the baffle removal either...they still look to be in there on the non-homogolated (spelling) one....would have thought that little "exhaust tip in the middle" would be gone.

I honestly think that this recording just simply isn't a good one. There was another Zard vid posted by another member (appeared to be from somewhere in Asia, the vid) and it sounded a lot better than this.

So my judgement is - "Hey Zard, record a higher quality video/sound bite.....and also one wit the bike under a load...and also one with the mic about 9 feet from the back!"

I wouldn't count this exhaust out yet, but also wouldn't use this vid as a reason to buy it. I woujld say to though, that from what I have heard of the two vids, Xpipe on this would likely make it sound brutal.

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
Thanks! Listened to it over pc speakers and with headphones.

Sounds a lot better than over the phone for sure.....however, there is an odd down tick to it when decreasing in RPM and it sounds a little raspy at times. Not sure about the baffle removal either...they still look to be in there on the non-homogolated (spelling) one....would have thought that little "exhaust tip in the middle" would be gone.

I honestly think that this recording just simply isn't a good one. There was another Zard vid posted by another member (appeared to be from somewhere in Asia, the vid) and it sounded a lot better than this.

So my judgement is - "Hey Zard, record a higher quality video/sound bite.....and also one wit the bike under a load...and also one with the mic about 9 feet from the back!"

I wouldn't count this exhaust out yet, but also wouldn't use this vid as a reason to buy it. I woujld say to though, that from what I have heard of the two vids, Xpipe on this would likely make it sound brutal.
Thanks for your input. You do have a great ear for that (unlike mine !)

I saw that Asian vid too (attached below). If you skip to 0.38s it looks like part of the cat has been left disconnected??????
I´m no mechanic, but it looks incomplete to me...

·
Super Moderator
1,681 Posts
Thanks for your input. You do have a great ear for that (unlike mine !)

I saw that Asian vid too (attached below). If you skip to 0.38s it looks like part of the cat has been left disconnected??????
I´m no mechanic, but it looks incomplete to me...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoFLLnAqgoM
The cat is all connected. That silver circle in the middle is where there is the grommet a pin from the car, or the xpipe, goes.

This video also shows the exhaust without the little exhaust inserts/tips.

So far, I like the looks of this exhaust the best. hope Zard, or someone else, puts out some better sound bites.

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
The cat is all connected. That silver circle in the middle is where there is the grommet a pin from the car, or the xpipe, goes.

This video also shows the exhaust without the little exhaust inserts/tips.

So far, I like the looks of this exhaust the best. hope Zard, or someone else, puts out some better sound bites.
So i had better not pursue any dreams of becoming a mechanic :surprise:
Who knows how the bike would look if i had to bolt it back together :grin2:

The looks are certainly different to the pea shooter V&H style and as i said in the other post - they are growing on me, style-wise.

·
Super Moderator
1,681 Posts
To be honest, I heard very little different between the two db-killers.....prob why the Asian vid sounds so much better.....(and maybe better distance, recording, etc)

·
Registered
79 Posts
I assume most people leave db-killers out/remove them anyway. Some are a total PITA to get out, but the resulting sound should be worth it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts