Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the parts came back from the paintshop today so I spent a couple of hours this eve putting it back together. So its nearly there . The bike is a total homage to the red bobber that Thornton Hundred built, which is the bike that made me start this journey. Colour is Porsche guards red as per the TH custom. If you haven't already go check out Thornton Hundred bikes and videos. They do exceptional work.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bikes looking great !

They do that . Very £££ , wanting £700 for a seat / rear light bracket was a shock .
To be fair its billet CNC aluminium and includes £200 of kellerman lights that are pre wired into the correct wiring loom plug. So I can see where the money is as the also have to stress test and do a fair amount of R and D, but I already had my kellermans otherwise I would have gone for it.

·
Registered
521 Posts
To be fair its billet CNC aluminium and includes £200 of kellerman lights that are pre wired into the correct wiring loom plug. So I can see where the money is as the also have to stress test and do a fair amount of R and D, but I already had my kellermans otherwise I would have gone for it.
Too dear for most . Sadly

Especially now

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Too dear for most . Sadly

Especially now
Yes.The TH seat base light is a quick solution, in fact very quick. You could install the TH system in under an hour but at a price. I think my install was probably about 3-4 hours as I had to make a custom loom and parts were about £230 including come motone brackets for the lights. I would have preferred the TH one but I was already commited to my version. One thing to note is that TH were really helpful in advising me that my original install was on collision course with the swing arm assembly which would have been an expensive mistake. I checked my current install by removing the shock allowing me to move the swing arms full movement to check for clearance.

Im nearly ready for first test ride, if only the weather would comply... I have totally deleted the rear mudguard, that will ensure fair weather riding :)
Ian

·
Registered
521 Posts
Yes.The TH seat base light is a quick solution, in fact very quick. You could install the TH system in under an hour but at a price. I think my install was probably about 3-4 hours as I had to make a custom loom and parts were about £230 including come motone brackets for the lights. I would have preferred the TH one but I was already commited to my version. One thing to note is that TH were really helpful in advising me that my original install was on collision course with the swing arm assembly which would have been an expensive mistake. I checked my current install by removing the shock allowing me to move the swing arms full movement to check for clearance.

Im nearly ready for first test ride, if only the weather would comply... I have totally deleted the rear mudguard, that will ensure fair weather riding :)
Ian
I had to seriously fight the urge to go the same way and delete rear as it looks brilliant , quite simply Scottish weather will not be feasible as it rains pretty much all the time . So I went with a ( yet to be fitted) baak setup

·
Registered
541 Posts
if anyones interested there is a Thornton Hundered fuel tank painted in grey and 2 x side panels for sale at a reasonable price

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
if anyones interested there is a Thornton Hundered fuel tank painted in grey and 2 x side panels for sale at a reasonable price
I saw that. The side panels are £230 new each and the tank is nearly £800 new so the prices for these on ebay are exceptionally good.

·
Registered
2019 Triumph Bobber Black I 2020 BMW 330i M Sport Plus I 1956 BSA Bantam D3
11 Posts
Bike looks great!!

Im looking to do a rear delete too, hopefully next year - have you had any police trouble with the black number plate?

Also obsessed with TH Bobbers so this is spot on 👌👌👌

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Then look at sellers other items
Bike looks great!!

Im looking to do a rear delete too, hopefully next year - have you had any police trouble with the black number plate?

Also obsessed with TH Bobbers so this is spot on 👌👌👌
I've not been on the road yet. But I am aware I am breaking many rules which are... 3 line plates are pre 2001 only, black plates are pre 74 I think , and size is wrong. Im very likely to get a legal one before I go on the road as its not worth them sniffing around the rest of the bike.

·
Registered
2019 Triumph Bobber Black I 2020 BMW 330i M Sport Plus I 1956 BSA Bantam D3
11 Posts
Then look at sellers other items

I've not been on the road yet. But I am aware I am breaking many rules which are... 3 line plates are pre 2001 only, black plates are pre 74 I think , and size is wrong. Im very likely to get a legal one before I go on the road as its not worth them sniffing around the rest of the bike.
Yes Iv heard that they don’t like them, shame because it looks so good!
where about me are you in the UK?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts