Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I am taking my Bobber to France so now have a number plate for sale open to offers,
Plate is TR13 BOB, looks great with a talking point.

·
Registered
452 Posts
are you not supposed to say how much you want for it? as this is a forum and not an auction site....usually the rules

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
are you not supposed to say how much you want for it? as this is a forum and not an auction site....usually the rules
Fair point I hadn’t looked at it like that, I just thought after some research I’d get an offer and I’d say yes. !! I’m not used to doing things like this.
I paid £550 plus vat, on reg site for £1000 but they are giving me only £400 if They sell it.
So I would take as close to £400 as poss.
Hope that helps.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Fair point I hadn’t looked at it like that, I just thought after some research I’d get an offer and I’d say yes. !! I’m not used to doing things like this.
I paid £550 plus vat, on reg site for £1000 but they are giving me only £400 if They sell it.
So I would take as close to £400 as poss.
Hope that helps.
thats a bloody good price actually

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
This is foreign to me, literally. You can buy and sell privately a number plate in the UK? How do you register it? Can someone esplain please?:oops:

Chico

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is foreign to me, literally. You can buy and sell privately a number plate in the UK? How do you register it? Can someone esplain please?:oops:

Chico
Hi Chico, big business here in uk,they go for thousands of pounds, the smaller the number the more expensive it is.
Government agency sell them As well, and let you keep them on retention for an £80 fee,

·
Super Moderator
849 Posts
Different from the states, the plate relates to the vehicle and stays with it (one or two exceptions) for life...I'm moving this to "For Sale"

·
Super Moderator
1,128 Posts
It's not that bizarre is it? Here in Washington state I have registered vanity plates for bikes before. I don't think there's a market in the US for transferring plates as most places let you use anything that fits the State format (six characters for a bike, letters and numbers only here in WA). In the UK, the format is fixed, so if you get a sequence that has some apparent meaning you can sell it for money as they are much rarer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts