Triumph Bobber Forum banner

61 - 79 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Evening gents. I've been eyeing the Bobber for some time and made a list of all the bits and pieces I would want to do to it. When the TFC was announced a few weeks ago I saw it had pretty much everything I wanted (bar the side mount plate) from the factory - so I put down a deposit. I built a 125cc bobber before I passed my test and then a custom Harley 48 afterwards which I sold some time ago. I test rode the bobber when it came out but I'd not long bought my 48 and wasn't ready to part with it. Can't wait to be back on a bike and for it to be the Bobber TFC!

I know very little from the dealership at the moment but I was curious if anyone knew if the bike comes with heated grips (doubt it as they are custom metal ones) or cruise control?
I too ordered the TFC Bobber. This is straight from the Triumph website spec sheet. Says heated grip ready.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
I too ordered the TFC Bobber. This is straight from the Triumph website spec sheet. Says heated grip ready.
Hi Voodoo, yes I saw your Norton - looks awesome!

Ah that makes sense, so you can probably fit the heated grips but it might mean removing the custom grips. Although looking at the images in more detail the grips look like they could be rubber, therefore could be heated. I assumed that because they were knurled they were metal.

Also, not sure if it's any use to anyone, but I downloaded all 52 hi-res press release images for the Bobber TFC and you can get them here (over 1GB so still uploading): Bobber TFC Press Pics

·
Registered
169 Posts
“That’s harley territory”...
Not really.. I bought my 2016 softail slim off the showroom floor for $14,000 tax, tag, title included... now mind you it wasn’t a “s” model or have the extra $2,000 paint job... but still a softail harley.. which I didn’t enjoy riding..
If I had the $$$$ would I buy one..dumb question!!! Do I like the look, kinda, it looks like a combination of old an new.. lines of the bike still grab my eye, detail to the new components do also.. do they belong together? That is a personal preference..
Price.. well, had I KNOWN the Bobber was coming out i would have bought it new.. however.. I bought my 2017 (with less than 1000 miles) for $7,200.. standard, nothing special except pleased seat and side bag.. AND bought my wife’s for $6,800.. two tone paint, leather seat AND Vance and Hines pipes with 700 miles...
Once you ride it out of the dealership.. it’s no longer “new”....
Life is to short to him and hah... if you have the means.. and you can... I say “go for it”.. ride the tires off it!!
Me, I’ll enjoy mine...a paint scheme did catch my eye.. so maybe I’ll pull the tank and skins and shoot them this winter...

·
Registered
169 Posts
The added $5000 to new isn’t all that much.. there is (was) a member here that bought a Bobber new and pretty much went through the aftermarket catalog (more than 5 grand) and added it to his ride.. only to “try” and sell it shortly after due to life changes...
I’m pretty sure he didn’t get anywhere near what he had in it...
It’s all about “perception” and personal preference.. if ur looking at short term... I say no, well, maybe.. it checks all the boxes..
Long term.. oh.. yes!!!
Kinda like a car.. Mustang.. vs Shelby..BMW vs M3
**** some of us remember power windows as being a luxury item ...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Evening gents. I've been eyeing the Bobber for some time and made a list of all the bits and pieces I would want to do to it. When the TFC was announced a few weeks ago I saw it had pretty much everything I wanted (bar the side mount plate) from the factory - so I put down a deposit. I built a 125cc bobber before I passed my test and then a custom Harley 48 afterwards which I sold some time ago. I test rode the bobber when it came out but I'd not long bought my 48 and wasn't ready to part with it. Can't wait to be back on a bike and for it to be the Bobber TFC!

I know very little from the dealership at the moment but I was curious if anyone knew if the bike comes with heated grips (doubt it as they are custom metal ones) or cruise control?
Hi Dan. Pretty much the same story here. I've got my money down and can't wait! I've also been wondering about the cruise control. Looking closely at the pictures, the button on the left housing that operates the cruise control on the Bobber Black is now labelled "MODE" on the TFC, and the riding mode button on the right-hand housing has been removed altogether. This doesn't bode well for the TFC having cruise control. If the production version remains the same, we'd have to replace both housings in order to install CC.

Attachments

·
Registered
321 Posts
Just as a little update, I rang the Triumph factory yesterday to get an update on the Bobber TFC delivery schedules for the UK.

The chap I spoke to said they were expecting deliveries to begin sometime in mid to end April..:smile2:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just as a little update, I rang the Triumph factory yesterday to get an update on the Bobber TFC delivery schedules for the UK.

The chap I spoke to said they were expecting deliveries to begin sometime in mid to end April..:smile2:
so pleased to hear that you're on the road to full recovery. :smile2:

thanks for the heads-up re: tfc delivery. looks like it'll be a fair wait yet.

hope mine will arrive not too long after. it's a long way from hinckley to auckland.

meantime, will just have to get around on my e-bike (bicycle) more often.

shah

·
Registered
29 Posts

Thanks for the update. My wife was told March-ish by the dealer a couple of weeks ago, and we joked that probably meant the end of July at the earliest. It stands to reason that Brits would get theirs first, too, so we're hoping May-June for hers.

Oh, and even though I'm new here, congrats on beating the Big C. Huge thumbs up there!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Those Union Jack tank pads (or paint job - I'm not sure which) are a touch on the tacky side however.
I was going to get some union jack badges for my bike but was afraid of the same thing. Thought just carb covers and maybe contrast cut ribbed panels might even it out. I was going to debadge it as well but haven't made up my mind yet. Might go with the ACG and clutch cover as union jack and the carb covers as finned since they are closer to and would complement the head better.
Any thoughts guys?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I was going to get some union jack badges for my bike but was afraid of the same thing. Thought just carb covers and maybe contrast cut ribbed panels might even it out. I was going to debadge it as well but haven't made up my mind yet. Might go with the ACG and clutch cover as union jack and the carb covers as finned since they are closer to and would complement the head better.
Any thoughts guys?
I've been working on the same thing, but I think I'm leaning towards blacked out union jack badges for the throttle covers, and the ACG and Clutch covers from Triumph. :giggle:

·
Registered
358 Posts
Ya now I might have bought the tfc...But the deal breaker for me Is no right angle valve stems on the wheels . :cool:

·
Super Moderator
885 Posts
It's satinized gold, which is a thin layer of nickel on top of gold. It knocks down the bling of the gold, and matches the color that Triumph used on the various 'brass' finishes. Real brass finished don't actually look like that.

·
Registered
29 Posts
It's satinized gold, which is a thin layer of nickel on top of gold. It knocks down the bling of the gold, and matches the color that Triumph used on the various 'brass' finishes. Real brass finished don't actually look like that.
I had the same question, fwiw, because it's such a fine line for folks like me. I love the look of brushed brass, whether it's real brass or not. Gold, otoh, is a bridge waaaay too far as anything other than accent or trim. LOVE the look you've achieved here. If only described verbally, I might have guessed I wouldn't have liked it, but it's truly striking and original-looking, without being at all ostentatious or tacky. I'm sure you get lots of looks and conversation, even from people who don't ride.

In my investigation of the retro-bobber-ish R18 (and hoping they build it, not just the candy-red muscle-bike version), I came across several discussions of even the jaded Harley guys (gulp!) talking about how beautiful the Triumph Bobbers look, and what you've done here stands out, even in this standout crowd.

61 - 79 of 79 Posts