Triumph Bobber Forum banner

Bobber Shocks must suck

Tags
bobber shocks
8K views 58 replies 21 participants last post by  BurgerBobber 
#1 ·
Okay easy question. Why doesn't Triumph just put the Speedmaster shock on the Bobber? Would it be that hard to do? It's a direct fit and already has adjustable preload, plus they already have the things in their inventory.

It seems the one common theme from the new Bobber owners is changing out the shock, you would think Triumph would get the hint.

Side note: I still hate the person that designed the pull ring under the Speedmaster seat, but that is an easy fix with a little 550 cord.

#48 ·
Okay easy question. Why doesn't Triumph just put the Speedmaster shock on the Bobber? Would it be that hard to do? It's a direct fit and already has adjustable preload, plus they already have the things in their inventory.

It seems the one common theme from the new Bobber owners is changing out the shock, you would think Triumph would get the hint.

Side note: I still hate the person that designed the pull ring under the Speedmaster seat, but that is an easy fix with a little 550 cord.
I agree. .
Why not put the adjustable shock they already have for the sister bike that has the least amount of comfort in the seat area??
The fact that they put non adjustable on the bobber at all dumbfounded me beyond stupid 😝
Why triumph? Why?

Oh yeah . So we'd pay for the fox upgrade🤣

#49 ·
I agree. .
Why not put the adjustable shock they already have for the sister bike that has the least amount of comfort in the seat area??
The fact that they put non adjustable on the bobber at all dumbfounded me beyond stupid 😝
Why triumph? Why?

Oh yeah . So we'd pay for the fox upgrade🤣
Going on the same idea of sister bikes I wish they would have made the Speedmaster seat adjustable. Even just a inch or two forward and back would have been nice.

#50 ·
Spoke to Hagon and they said that the stock Bobber rear shock was made for someone in the 16-18 stone range to work properly... at 14 stones fully bike kitted, (even lighter in the summer) I'm not surprised the bike is kicking me outta the saddle over bumps.... Anyhoo... I pulled the trigger on the Hagon shock, £400 delivered, comes with 'C' spanner and allen keys for adjustment, and preload already set for my weight... arrived 3 days after ordering... had to order a 500kg M/cycle jack to do the job though... that's arriving on weds/thurs this week... pics once its in, feedback when the weather stops being cr@p (y) :cool:

#55 ·
Nothing worse than a ride on a bike not right for your height/weight/injury. Just talked with a guy the other day who loved the ride , saw his other bikes and realized why. 70's Bonneville hardtail and a Harley with what I assumed was about 2 inches of travel. At 220lbs I think the ride is good, better than sport class bikes by a mile and doesn't bounce around like one of the only Harleys I ever took a spin on.
I like the look of a couple dark aftermarket models that would ride better but the piggy back systems turn me away, looks like something for a modern offroad bike to me instead of a classic to me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.