Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this is what a dismantled Bobber seat looks like. Doesn't seem overly complicate if someone decides to reupholster the seat or add more padding to it. But the shape may have to stay the same unless you're willing to cut into the metal bit.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Definitely pretty straight forward. People don't typically mess around with the metal frame though, usually it's just the foam that gets chopped and messed with.

·
Registered
187 Posts
With how low the Bobber sits, you can probably just ad an extra inch of padding and the ergonomics would still be fine. More comfort and all you have to do is add a gel pad and reupholster the seat.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Give it a few months and watch how many aftermarket seats begin to appear; Triumph really made it easy to do for them.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have that seat (the statement seat) It comes with its own pan. It looks pretty good, but it is a bit small for the bike in my opinion an definitely too hard for any long rides. Just my opinion though. It does look good on the bike. I bought it so I wasn't without a bike for the week it took to re upholster the stock seat.

Walk

·
Registered
187 Posts
May as well just reupholster the stock seat for around the same price as the statement seat, can even pick out the custom material you want to use. Your seat is looking good!

·
Registered
792 Posts
I re-dyed mine Saddle Tan. The flash on my phone washed out the picture but it looks really good in real life! Cost about $7.00.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi guys!
I have just picked up my bobber today from my local dealer and rode about 130 kilometers. The saddle is in the most forward position. I would prefer it a bit higher. Is there any chance of bringing it up without reupholstering?
Thx
Max

·
Registered
167 Posts
Hopefully some aftermarket brands come along and work out some refinements since the way Triumph design the seating system there's lots of room for those changes to come about.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Raising seat

Have raised my seat by shimming under seat itself and then put a nylon washer between frame and seat post on the forward seat bolt. Feels (for me ) far more comfortable.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Have raised my seat by shimming under seat itself and then put a nylon washer between frame and seat post on the forward seat bolt. Feels (for me ) far more comfortable.
I did the same except that I put a metal washer between frame and seat post. And it works really well. I did the first ride today on the modified seat - and it felt very good.
Regards
Max

·
Registered
170 Posts
My cousin is a machinist/tool maker and I asked him if a replacement seat bracket could be made.

One that provides some slight spring action to help the seat absorb some of the bumps in the road.

He's thinking about a design (drawing to come) where the seat bracket has a heavy spring hinge
behind the 2 side bolts and just before where it connects to the seat.

here's some pictures of our existing seat and bracket.

Thoughts?
Interest?

Attachments

·
Registered
70 Posts
One that provides some slight spring action to help the seat absorb some of the bumps in the road.

He's thinking about a design (drawing to come) where the seat bracket has a heavy spring hinge
behind the 2 side bolts and just before where it connects to the seat.
Be interesting to see the drawing.

There looks to be sufficient room under the seat to make up some sort of seat suspension system though I am currently bereft of ideas.

My first thoughts were along the lines of something similar to my HD Springer seat though it will likely be a bit bulky and out of place on the slim Bobber. Perhaps something inspired by the old style castle forks may work ? I guess if its hidden away under the seat pan then it don't matter what it looks like. Back to looking at photos of old bikes for inspiration...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts