Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Probably been done before, but I fitted the oem Speedmaster risers to my bobber.
Usual needs as for other higher bars; had to take the clutch cable out of the guide, had to disconnect and re route the brake pipe- luckily I managed to bleed it through the master cylinder with the top off and gentle lever pumping. Apart from slackening the electric cables (odd not seeing a throttle cable for the first time) all went well but can’t seem to use the bobber bar clamp.

Attachments

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
By the way, what torque setting should I have on the bolts that hold the risers in?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here’s a pic showing the end result. I was after higher bars, sort of in between standard and the mini apes as I found them too high ( short arms, short legs- just overall short really). Ideally I like the 70’s Bonneville US version. On the road it suits me fine although noticeably less weight on the front which I’ll adjust my riding style for.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Hi @Birdy,

I agree, looks really great mate.

I ended up having to highly modify my mini-apes to get something I liked. I think Triumph are missing the mark here, as they should offer a whole load of handlebars for the Bobber/Speedy. It's one of the most popular and easiest changes to make, just look to the HD scene. The market it out there, if they don't make them, someone else will ( I hope ).

Cheerio,

Roy

·
Premium Member
1,628 Posts
I dig the look in the "end result" picture. I suspect this is because I can't see the silver handlebars, which is what was throwing me off in the initial pics. Perhaps some off-season powdercoating, if you agree that black bars would give it a more cohesive look. If you dig the silver bars though, it's all good. As we always say on this forum, it's all about what YOU like rather than others' opinions that counts.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Look great, do you have the part number for the risers? I have the motone risers but I think this looks great. Also any details on the install would be interesting.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got them used off eBay, from the US. Instal was just unbolt old, bolt on new and then as I said in the first post. I’m no mechanic, but I managed....maybe some speedy owners have some for sale if upgraded themselves?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looking back, the part number quoted by the seller was T2049235, from a 16-19 year Speedmaster. Hopefully that’s the right one.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi, I’m trying to do the same but I’m getting movement in the rubber bushes in the top yoke when I mount the bars. How did you overcome that?

I presume in the low bars it leaves some movement to reduce vibrations but the high risers have too much leverage.

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have no movement su I reckon mine must have come with them. I don’t remember and can’t see the
US purchase on my eBay history to confirm I’m afraid .

1 - 19 of 19 Posts