Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I took off my rain cover off my bobber yesterday to find this. The remainder of the bike was dry, therefore I assume the cover works, however it was damp and humid over the weekend when I was gone.

Any chance Triumph wold warranty this? They look let crap now and they are a month old.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts
So I took off my rain cover off my bobber yesterday to find this. The remainder of the bike was dry, therefore I assume the cover works, however it was damp and humid over the weekend when I was gone.

Any chance Triumph wold warranty this? They look let crap now and they are a month old.
Are they damp feeling? perhaps they need to dry out and you could apply a way to stretch them white they dry so they don't have the waviness. Apply some leather oil/soap?

·
Registered
363 Posts
Man, that's nasty! Triumph would have to warranty this as I don't believe their panniers would be that fragile to the elements. Otherwise they would have to put warning labels on them stating not to expose them to damp/humid conditions, which would be ridiculous for any saddle bags to be so delicate. I don't have them (have thought about eventually getting them in the future), but if this happened to me, I would be furious. Especially since they do cost a pretty penny! Hope you're able to get this worked out with Triumph. Would be a shame if they did not cover this under warranty and offer you replacements.

·
Registered
428 Posts
skipnewman, I am a leather repair tech. Give me a call and guide you through a repair process for this. Jim 414-459-1442

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jim,

Your suggestion helped thanks a ton.

Just a quick note: I phoned Triumph North America today and they told me to take to dealer with receipts and they should exchange no questions asked. I have 12 months from date of purchase.

Lets see if there will be any questions ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts