Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have been following this forum since purchasing my Bobber in Sept last year. It's been most helpful so thought it was time I came out of the shadows.

I retired in August last year, always wanted to ride a motor bike but never got around to it, work and four children and other hobbies put paid to that. So at the age of 58 I finished work, climbed off the hamster wheel and thought right what shall I do? learn to ride a bike. As I have a dodgy neck, could I ride a bike without too much pain? so I did my CBT (basic training in UK) full day riding, passed and the neck wasn't too bad. So a trip to the local Triumph dealer to only look, bad move. Came back with leather jacket, kevlar jeans and a Bobber.

****, I now have a beautiful bike but no license to ride it. So I do all my training module 1 & 2 and get my A license in mid December. Some may say that getting a big bike straight away is not good, I guess it depends on the person. I have never felt the bobber is too big for me, I respect the power and take it easy. I also had good training, and driving a car for 40 years helps.

So here we are, it's spring in the UK and sun's been out and I have 2000 miles on the clock and love it. I do have a couple of friends with bikes, one has the new Indian Bobber, we did have a ride out to Loomies, that's only about 35 mins for me. Hopefully I will make the 26th May.

The only mod a have is a left hand pannier and the brown seat, others may follow. I do find the ride can be slightly jarring on the British lanes, so I may go back to the stock seat to see if it is better.

Issues, none really apart from the bike cutting out 3 or 4 times when riding, the dealer checked the history on the first service, but it was clear. Any one else seen that?

All the best Paul

·
Registered
459 Posts
0:) bienvenu 0:)

Nice pictures & pretty motorcycles.
Pretty colors for this Bobber we do not see much and it's a shame.
a single bag large model, original and much more practical than the little handbag of mine :wink2:

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Congrats on the Bobber. Looks great in that color. If it turns out you need a little protection from road bumps and holes, you might consider a Corbin seat. So far those who have them swear by them in terms of comfort (particularly our moderator, Eisen). Haven’t heard anyone mention that cutting out issue though. Enjoy the ride!

·
Registered
749 Posts
Issues, none really apart from the bike cutting out 3 or 4 times when riding, the dealer checked the history on the first service, but it was clear. Any one else seen that?

All the best Paul
I haven’t experienced the engine cutting out myself but it’s been mentioned on this forum before so you’re not alone :surprise: Try and get the latest ECU software update as soon as you can but if it keeps happening hassle your dealer because there’s a fault and they need to fix it!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Brigstocksbobber, yes that would be good. If I go with my pal we will probably meet in Stockbridge and go on the back roads. Not sure if that works for you?

·
Registered
548 Posts
Hi Brigstocksbobber, yes that would be good. If I go with my pal we will probably meet in Stockbridge and go on the back roads. Not sure if that works for you?
How long does it take to get to loomies on the back roads from Stockbridge?
The idea is solid to meet up at Stockbridge.
Funny that I will go to STockbridge being I am a Brigstock, most people spell it Bridgestock so close.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How long does it take to get to loomies on the back roads from Stockbridge?
The idea is solid to meet up at Stockbridge.
Funny that I will go to STockbridge being I am a Brigstock, most people spell it Bridgestock so close.
Umm from Stockbridge approx 40mins I guess. So weather permitting if it's just me shall we meet at Stockbridge anyway @11:45 say. It's quite a nice ride and we go through Winchester. Keeping off the horrible M3 and such like.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Umm from Stockbridge approx 40mins I guess. So weather permitting if it's just me shall we meet at Stockbridge anyway @11:45 say. It's quite a nice ride and we go through Winchester. Keeping off the horrible M3 and such like.
Sounds like a plan, I may need a reminder nearer the time, but have put it in the phone.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Sounds like a plan, I may need a reminder nearer the time, but have put it in the phone.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Hi and welcome! I got my A licence last May aged 59 - Bobber was the first big bike I owned after my 125 - so, a GOOD choice!

·
Registered
548 Posts

Hi there, Are you still going to Loomies on Saturday 26th? If so let me know a place and time in Stockbridge to meet you and then we can ride down together.

Cheers

·
Registered
19 Posts
HI Paul

glad your enjoying your bobber
im in a similar position 55 just retired always wanted a bike, used to ride off road when i was younger .
did my cbt and passed test my this year had the bike 4 weeks and got 700 miles ion the clock
love it

glad i went for this size engine was told too big for a first bike , but seems to work for me .

same as you i went for the brown leather stitched seat and added heated grips.

continue to enjoy your bike loving mine now for maybe a few mods

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi there, Are you still going to Loomies on Saturday 26th? If so let me know a place and time in Stockbridge to meet you and then we can ride down together.

Cheers
Hi Brigstockbobber, yep still going how about we meet at 11:45 outside the Grosvenor Hotel (it's about half way along the high street) my mobile is 07483 826766.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts