·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,
just got my bobber black yesterday
interesting experience coming from a higly customised HD sporster

have some questions and might need some pointer

i plan to add a "TC bros" side license plate bracket / white walls tires / new led turn signal
- would the TC bro bracket fit on the bobber ? ( need a 20mm axle )
- how do i get rid of the original plate holder ? ( not really inclined to get a short fender at this point )
- any pointer to good retro looking rear LEd turn signal ? ( link ? )
- any way to change the stop light for a better looking one ? ( round ? )

after the visual mod are done ...
the next step is going to be xpipe / exhaust / air intake ( doing it after having put at least 1k miles on the bike )

thanks a lot for any help you could provide

chris

https://www.artstation.com/christophe-desse

·
Registered
540 Posts
Hey Chris, Welcome!

Triumph does make a different tail light mount for the original fender, that doesn't have the plate mount. comes with their side plate kit I think, I had one but I cannibalized it for another project.

Not sure where you are, but check out A&J Cycles's site, they have a really good selection of lights, and a plethora of other Bobber parts.

And as Eisen77 said, Search is your friend for all thing you need to know..:wink2:

Can't wait to see some pics!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Welcome to the site Chris, I see we're in the same industry, too!

Looking forward to seeing photos of your bike.

Cheers,
Haydn

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks a lot guys .

" Keep us up to date and share photos of how you get on"

yes i am going to post a couples of pictures when i am done ..
i could post pictures of my sporster .. but i am not sure that you guys would want to see them :)

@ haydnd
nice ..
i see you are in the OC .. i am in santa monica

·
Registered
112 Posts
It looks like I will be contracting a fab house to construct a vertical mount license plate with LED light since I cannot find a Bobber specific application. I looked into the TC, which I really like, but unfortunately, for me (i have the swing arm bag that i would like to retain), some customization is necessary to fit the bobber. If any OC members can recommend a metal fab shop, I'm all ears...

·
Registered
962 Posts
It looks like I will be contracting a fab house to construct a vertical mount license plate with LED light since I cannot find a Bobber specific application. I looked into the TC, which I really like, but unfortunately, for me (i have the swing arm bag that i would like to retain), some customization is necessary to fit the bobber. If any OC members can recommend a metal fab shop, I'm all ears...
Any reason why you can't place the license plate on the opposite side of where you have the swing arm bag?

Chico

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hi guys ..
so fare so good

a couples of photos .. already have done more since i took them

after taking the pictures .,,
got
XPIPE
bristish custom Turn Out pipe ..
larosa arm bag

i used to like the bike.. now i loooove it .. and do not miss my harley anymore :)

it sound like an 1944 havro lancaster on it way to bomb nazi germany !!

more photo later ...

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts