Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi....I’m new to the forum, I bought my Bobber Black in September last year and have been getting some mods done over the winter, hopefully I’ve not gone too over the top? My question is about luggage, crazy or not I’m off to Spain in 4 weeks and will cover 1000 miles in 7 days! I don’t particularly like the Triumph bags and I can’t have anything behind the seat (you may be able to see that I’ve got quite a trick little brake light where the Triumph badge was in the seat!).....anyone any ideas?

Attachments

·
Registered
638 Posts
Hi....I’m new to the forum, I bought my Bobber Black in September last year and have been getting some mods done over the winter, hopefully I’ve not gone too over the top? My question is about luggage, crazy or not I’m off to Spain in 4 weeks and will cover 1000 miles in 7 days! I don’t particularly like the Triumph bags and I can’t have anything behind the seat (you may be able to see that I’ve got quite a trick little brake light where the Triumph badge was in the seat!).....anyone any ideas?
Welcome -

Are you married? your wife could take the car with the luggage.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome -

Are you married? your wife could take the car with the luggage.
Haha....not sure she’ll go for that at all!

·
Registered
638 Posts
Trailer. Get a towing hitch made up and a little traile
Or just be very minimilistic with your packing
I had thought about this idea. I hate spoiling the contour of the Bobber even for a trip. A trailer could solve the problem.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I had thought about this idea. I hate spoiling the contour of the Bobber even for a trip. A trailer could solve the problem.

I have a single wheel trailer but no way of towing it any more. 130 litres of storage. Was almost two much, packed things is never use lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Luggage?

A chase car?

A trailer?

Lord above, the man is looking to average 143 miles a day. That's three hours if you take a long lunch in the middle.

Throw a couple changes of clothes in a backpack and ride.

-GPz
A 'couple' of changes of clothes, gosh your extravagant ..:wink2::wink2:

By the time I've got my riding clothes sorted and some waterproofs I just live in what I'm wearing..:grin2: Although you may want to pack a bottle of deodorant...:surprise:

Cheerio,

Roy

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Glad I asked 😂😂 not sure I’ll go for the trailer option, the wife will tell me to get stuffed if I ask her to be support driver, a backpack is out as I have a degenerative neck problem......tin of deodorant, beer tokens and a credit card....job done! 😬

·
Registered
41 Posts
Luggage?

A chase car?

A trailer?

Lord above, the man is looking to average 143 miles a day. That's three hours if you take a long lunch in the middle.

Throw a couple changes of clothes in a backpack and ride.

-GPz

But he will need suitable dinner attire, and a nice smoking jacket. And slippers. One must still remain civilized, even if one is a biker!

·
Registered
677 Posts
I love that gray color of your bike. Same as my car. Seriously thinking about repainting my bike now.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I love that gray color of your bike. Same as my car. Seriously thinking about repainting my bike now.

That’s 2001 Audi Nimbus grey! Just didn’t want Black everything.....originally did the side pods grey too but it looked shite!

·
Registered
1,436 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi. I'm new to the forum, so this is my first post since my intro at the new member list.

I just finished adding the Burly Brand saddlebags to my Bobber Black. Turned out really nice in my eyes. I admit I really liked the look of the Burly bags but it took some thinking to sort how to mount them. After all a simple solution came to mind, but not one allowing quick release.

I used the triumph pannier rails then a couple simple 5/8 cable clamps and 3/8 bolts & washers inside and out to secure them. The Burly bags already have a mounting hole for their branded rails so the bolts are not damaging the bag in any way. Large size washers make a seal around the grommet Burly has in the hole and keep the bolts secured. There is also a strap at the bottom back of the bag to secure it to the bottom side of the rail.

Very secure setup. Bag of the seat is clear.

Pics attached.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts