Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my new bike a week ago and noticed that the Headlight glass gets very hot very quickly and also the Fan comes on quite regularly (it never came on, on my street triple or Ducati) is this normal ??

·
Super Moderator
1,681 Posts
I would suggest doing the 12 minute tune to get the bike calibrated for where you are. See if that affects the fans. Not saying it will, but the 12 min tune acts as a bit of a reboot.

As far as the glass, yah, I can see it getting really hot if using the halegan bulb.

·
Super Moderator
1,122 Posts
Engine does run hotter when new than after say first 1000 miles, but should not be uncomfortably hot for you in riding position.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well its the Uk and its about 18degrees today so I am surprised the fan is coming on at all and the headlight is nearly to hot to touch......just can't remember any of my other bikes being this hot although the Engine seems fine

·
Super Moderator
846 Posts
Engine does run hotter when new than after say first 1000 miles, but should not be uncomfortably hot for you in riding position.
...depending on local weather... In humid conditions even in the dingy old UK,when it's in the 80's and you're in traffic, the waft up around the tank can be a little warm...

·
Registered
712 Posts
I would suggest doing the 12 minute tune to get the bike calibrated for where you are. See if that affects the fans. Not saying it will, but the 12 min tune acts as a bit of a reboot.

As far as the glass, yah, I can see it getting really hot if using the halegan bulb.
Did the regular and/or early Bobbers have Halogen headlamps? I have a 2018 Bobber Black and I'm pretty sure it's LED.

-GPz/Gary

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did the regular and/or early Bobbers have Halogen headlamps? I have a 2018 Bobber Black and I'm pretty sure it's LED.

-GPz/Gary
Mines a regular and it isn't LED , yes I think you are correct..

·
Registered
323 Posts
I have a surplus to requirement OBD gauge hooked up to my Bobber currently. On a recent run through the country with ambient temps in the 20's Celsius the temperature peaked at 102C but averaged around 95C. Coming home the bike was running about 95C but sitting at idle the temp. quickly climbed to 100C where the fan kicked in. They have a pretty small radiator and its a pretty big lump, so it does throw out a fair bit of heat. 100C seems pretty normal to me for a modern engine. My BMW car which is supposed to run 0w20 oil runs typically at 110-112C at which point the thermostat opens up.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts