Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi y'all - recently back from trip to Lands End - saw no other Bobbers, 3 petrol stops en route to South West (360 miles to B&B) mildly numb rear end going down (quilted comfort seat) - painful a**e on return! Lost count of number of conversations with admirers of the bike!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
What a cool trip! :grin2:

I'm stuck in my house with 90º F temps and rain. Every time I step outside I like I am walking into a sauna. It would be so much more fun to be riding my Bobber towards Lands End. :|

·
Super Moderator
846 Posts
Good grief with the temperatures we've had in the UK until last Friday, you're a brave man... The picture isn't near Land's End, Roseland Peninsula by any chance? I'm sure I've said before I was born a couple of miles from Land's End, and spent very happy childhood and teenage years there until I went to Uni... So I biked the area before I left, and summer is a nightmare... Would like to get the Speedmaster down there at some point. The biggest issue for me is that accommodation prices down there are eye-watering, and it's a lot cheaper to go overseas for a holiday...

Whereabouts did you stay?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Good grief with the temperatures we've had in the UK until last Friday, you're a brave man... The picture isn't near Land's End, Roseland Peninsula by any chance? I'm sure I've said before I was born a couple of miles from Land's End, and spent very happy childhood and teenage years there until I went to Uni... So I biked the area before I left, and summer is a nightmare... Would like to get the Speedmaster down there at some point. The biggest issue for me is that accommodation prices down there are eye-watering, and it's a lot cheaper to go overseas for a holiday...

Chuck a tent on the back Larry...on second thought at our age better not>:)

·
Super Moderator
846 Posts
I last camped 49 years ago... and I don't aim to change that now :grin2:

Reactions: bofor

·
Premium Member
2,573 Posts
Hi Gents,

Like most here, much of my camping was in my youth. However I have found with the great distances here in the US, camping is a really economical way of traveling when one has to cover a lot of miles. With hotels costing on average $130 per night, three or four days on the road can really make a dent in the budget. However camp sites can be anywhere from $7 to $30 so it makes a huge difference.

Some nice experiences in regards sites, location and weather have got me back into camping. One of the reasons I just fitted my new rack, so some camping pics might be on the cards.

Although I probably wouldn't do much camping if I was back in the UK, too many memories of freezing damp....brrrrrrrrrrr.

Cheerio,

Roy

·
Super Moderator
846 Posts
When I rode to Rome, we had a hotel booked there for 3 nights for about £400, and stayed in FOrmule 1 and Premiere Classe at around €25-35 a night... That was 11 years ago though...

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
When I rode to Rome, we had a hotel booked there for 3 nights for about £400, and stayed in FOrmule 1 and Premiere Classe at around €25-35 a night... That was 11 years ago though...
I sold textile machinery in the 70's. I traveled a lot. I could get a decent hotel/motel for $8 per night. A really nice place would cost $12 per night. :surprise:

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

You're quite correct - a place called Place! Opposite St.Mawes. Stayed at Trenona farm, Ruanhighlanes - excellent private car parking for bike security. A German biker on a BMW stayed whilst I was there. Highly recommended!

·
Super Moderator
846 Posts
You're quite correct - a place called Place! Opposite St.Mawes. Stayed at Trenona farm, Ruanhighlanes - excellent private car parking for bike security. A German biker on a BMW stayed whilst I was there. Highly recommended!
As they say, you can take the man out of Cornwall, but you can't take Cornwall out of the man...!!! Just further up the Fal is one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen, St Just-in-Roseland

Reactions: Greybeard

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
As they say, you can take the man out of Cornwall, but you can't take Cornwall out of the man...!!! Just further up the Fal is one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen, St Just-in-Roseland
Absolutely beautiful, I agree. My trip included the wonderfully twisty B3306 from St.Ives to St Just in Penwith.

·
Super Moderator
846 Posts
Absolutely beautiful, I agree. My trip included the wonderfully twisty B3306 from St.Ives to St Just in Penwith.
That's a great road, although the views can "over-divert" the attention... You would have gone past the place my surname came from, a little cove near Pendeen called Portheras… can "only" trace the family history back to 1328...

Reactions: Greybeard
1 - 14 of 14 Posts