Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 283 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title states, this thread is dedicated to audios/videos of the Bobbers Exhaust and of course any related discussion.

To start here are a couple videos:

skip to 0:49...

skip to 2:04...

·
Registered
76 Posts
Anyone got the sound from the V&H option?

I would like a more growly sound, but with the raw cut off peashooter look. I do not care for the ugly end V&H put in there. It looks like it is made to kill sound on a sportsbike, not enhance it.

Or, is it possible to remove the baffle or do some modification to the originals to get the bass going?

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Anyone got the sound from the V&H option?

I would like a more growly sound, but with the raw cut off peashooter look. I do not care for the ugly end V&H put in there. It looks like it is made to kill sound on a sportsbike, not enhance it.

Or, is it possible to remove the baffle or do some modification to the originals to get the bass going?
The V&H slip ons are not ugly (in my opinion) and by no means kill the sound. But you are correct in that they do very little to enhance the sound!
Saying that, the OEM do look great and suit the bike perfectly (maybe more so than the V&H...)

The baffles on the EU homologated V&H slip on exhausts are NOT removable.
The US versions may have a removable baffle, but this is yet to be confirmed.

·
Registered
187 Posts
All I see from Vance & Hines is a set of Twin Slash Duals and they're not for the Bonneville Bobber. Am I missing something?

I think the Bobber is still too new for there to be much aftermarket exhausts yet.

·
Registered
76 Posts
All I see from Vance & Hines is a set of Twin Slash Duals and they're not for the Bonneville Bobber. Am I missing something?

I think the Bobber is still too new for there to be much aftermarket exhausts yet.
they are on the configurator for 650 british pounds.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Weird is right. I don't understand what the goal was with that exhaust system and why it's cut into like that in that position?

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts
I actually dig it. Certainly want to wait to see what other aftermarket companies will offer, but my least favorite item in the Bonneville Bobber is the mufflers. They seem to big for the bike to me. Also my heal always ends up riding on top of the little heat shield. Stock it sounds good, but think it deserves more of louder grunt sound.

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Weird is right. I don't understand what the goal was with that exhaust system and why it's cut into like that in that position?
I don´t like the cut either. But they do sound good and i am definitly going to change the V&H to non homologated versions to improve the overall sound. A de-cat is in order to...

·
Registered
76 Posts
Is there any way to modify the stock EU pipes?

The casing looks good, but is it possible to just... disassemble something or modify them some how to get a deeper grunt?

I love the tune, but I do not think it it deep enough for the looks of the bike.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Zard Exhaust

I reached out to Zard for information on their Exhaust and it's availability - this was their reply on 4/11/17.

Dear Mark,
thanks a lot for your request.
We are working on this model and it will be available in about 10 days.
Please stay updated on Zard - Scarichi per moto 100% Made in Italy

Best Regards

Giulia Gherlone
CEO

·
Registered
65 Posts
Cone Exhaust

Those Millers look nice, thanks for the information. It says on their website "in preparation" so I don't there selling them yet. I sent an email to Cone Engineering (manufacture of exhaust systems) an email inquiry relative to the Bobber. I will share their response upon receipt.

Walk

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts
out of all the current options, V&H, Zard, Miller - it seems like keeping a "large" muffler. Wonder if someone is going to make something more like the Short Shots from VH for HDs. I have a feeling these motors could really put out a rumble.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Agree, I am going to try to get up to Leesburg at the end of this month. It is the largest 3 day bike rally in the U.S. If anyone in the area has an exhaust systems available, they should have them there. I will report back with any cool options.

1 - 20 of 283 Posts