Triumph Bobber Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Bobber Black
736 Posts
Interesting project. If you want a lot more performance out of the motor I would think bolting a supercharger on would be faster and less headache. Just my thinking.......

Fuel tank Tire Automotive fuel system Automotive lighting Automotive tire

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bore and stroke are the same so piston may be fine and probably crankshaft? Compression goes up. Could mean new heads or different thickness gasket? I plan on changing the cam out anyway for a performance on that should push torque up near 100 ft/lbs. I was really hoping there's a tech that works for triumph or that has experience with these bikes that could give me a concrete answer on which parts would need to be changed.

Font Rectangle Number Parallel Screenshot

Font Rectangle Number Parallel Screenshot

·
Registered
808 Posts
Just a cam will not give near 100ft lb.
Good power gains are available from bobber head with work, using a thrux/speedtwin head is easier as ports are already much better flowing & higher comp too.
Gearbox is fine, clutch will need uprating, had to do mine as it struggled to hold the extra power.
My Bobber makes more power than the RS.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just a cam will not give near 100ft lb.
Good power gains are available from bobber head with work, using a thrux/speedtwin head is easier as ports are already much better flowing & higher comp too.
Gearbox is fine, clutch will need uprating, had to do mine as it struggled to hold the extra power.
My Bobber makes more power than the RS.
I didn't say I was just changing the cam. I said I was rebuilding my engine to Thruxton rs specs and adding a performance Thruxton camshaft. And that together will take that engine to near 100 torque.
Do you have. Almost of everything you did to your bike? What kind of numbers are you at?

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
Found this crate engine for $7000. It's not to Thruxton rs specs but it claims 106 - 110 rear wheel HP, 90 - 92 ft. lbs. torque @ 4700 rpm.
Is that a fair price? Anybody know anything about this company?

That looks like the previous generation of oil cooled engines, so I doubt it‘d fit the water cooled frames without mods.

For around £2k you can buy a low mileage water cooled Thruxton motor

1 - 13 of 13 Posts