Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Inspired by the traffic filtering thread. I'm interested in seeing your GoPro or camera setup for bobber. I'd like to get some ideas and hope to help folks with the pros and cons of each setup. Pics are appreciated!

·
Registered
653 Posts
If it’s for daily use/commute, I would use something discrete and it should be “fit & forget” (in my opinion).
Something like the INNOVV K2 fits the bill nicely and covers both the front & rear of the bike, plus it’s powered by the ignition switch.

https://www.innovv.com/innovv-k2

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.innovv.co.uk
Has anyone mounted an INNOVV K2 camera on their Bobber? A helmet mounted system is too much work and a bar mounted camera attracts too much attention (wrong kind).

I want to get the INNOVV K2 but was wondering about mounting points. I think the DVR will fit in my battery box next to my Shorei lithium battery and PCV. The GPS should fit under my Dart Flyscreen. The front camera should be fine under the headlamp. However, I don’t know where to put the rear camera on a bike like the Bobber. Especially while trying to keep the tail clean and camera hidden.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Has anyone mounted an INNOVV K2 camera on their Bobber? A helmet mounted system is too much work and a bar mounted camera attracts too much attention (wrong kind).

I want to get the INNOVV K2 but was wondering about mounting points. I think the DVR will fit in my battery box next to my Shorei lithium battery and PCV. The GPS should fit under my Dart Flyscreen. The front camera should be fine under the headlamp. However, I don’t know where to put the rear camera on a bike like the Bobber. Especially while trying to keep the tail clean and camera hidden.
I have been wondering the same things.

I would love to get the K2 setup, but, A: no room in my battery box atm, and B: where to hide the back camera?

I was thinking I might be able to fit the DVR up above the fuel rail, but I think that may be wishful thinking, and I suspect having that many electrical sources surrounding it may cause interference.

The rear camera though, I don't think there is anywhere on the back that isn't going to be blatantly obvious, or severely restrict the camera's view. :frown2:

·
Registered
653 Posts
You should swap the battery to a lithium type. It freed up a lot of space. Enough such that my PCV will fit in there and I think the DVR would fit as well.

·
Registered
29 Posts

Blackvue 4K, I put 3M sealing tape and some sealant to waterproof it :). Saddle bags block the rear view cam, still lazy to reposition it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
653 Posts
That’s a nice clean install. Attaching to the seat probably makes the most sense. Luckily I don’t have a fender rack or luggage (and don’t plan on it). I’ll have to give this a shot. How do you like the Blackvue 4K? Pros/Cons?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I really like it, No jello. Not gopro quality but a lot better than my groms innov, even the rear cam looks better than innov.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Interesting Blackvue setup. I have the Blackvue cameras in my car and they are fantastic. Very low profile. Some company also makes polarized filters for these cameras as well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts