Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am looking to purchase a paddock stand for my bobber.

Does anyone know the nut thread size for the bobbins? I cannot seem to locate the information anywhere!

Thanks
Martin

·
Registered
29 Posts
A friend, who also owns a Bobber, gave me information on the paddock stand (bass) he bought

(diameter: 8 mm)

Google translation for french

·
Registered
792 Posts
The spindles are indeed 8MM. I don't like the look of them on a classic bike ( and I'm cheap ) so I just bought a couple of 8MM cap screws from the hardware store for when I need to do chain maintenance etc. I unscrew them when I'm done. I think the Bobbins look great on a race bike or Cafe Racer just not so much on a Classic cruiser! To each his own!>:)

·
Registered
143 Posts
Just to tidy this up, I had to deal with this today and so I am posting for anyone in the future that may need this information. This is basic for a lot of people but not for everyone, so if you benefit from this info, I'm glad. If you don't, then enjoy your day!
I just bought and received: Oxford Spinners Swingarm Spools (M8) (Black)

Now, bolts have three measurements. Diameter x Thread Size/Pitch x Length. M8 on its own would imply M8 Diameter x Standard Pitch (1.25 for M8 is standard) x Unknown Length, in this case it would imply a length that fits your bike.
Pitch is the distance between each thread, so an M8x1 would go 1mm for each spiral around the bolt. This means that different pitched bolts are not compatible, they will NOT fit the same threaded hole.

For Triumph Bobber Bobbins/Spools, you NEED an M8-1.25 x L*. Here, L* represents a length that is dependent on what you are using. For mine, I needed a 30mm length, as the bobbin itself used about 15mm and then about 15mm was used to actually bolt into the threaded hole on the bike. Do not buy an M8x1, it will not fit. Also, if like mine it says only M8, email the seller to confirm the bolt information, as mine was incorrectly M8x1.

Here is an example of an M8-1.25x35mm.

·
Registered
4 Posts
@AstroBobber I'm sure this will come in very handy for a lot of people. Anyone know if I'm correct to assume the bolts are the same pitch as the ones for streetbike bobbins/spools. I have some extra ones that came with my CBR's T-rex stands and I don't really wanna go to the Home Depot and compare them to m8-1.25 bolts there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts